We can all agree that casserole recipes are very comforting and ideal for family dinners. I have been making such a recipe for a very long time, and I always make it in a large batch to freeze the leftovers and have food ready to eat at home. You will love this cheesy ground rice casserole for meat lovers. The ingredients are super easy, and you can customize this recipe according to your choices.
Following the same recipe, you can make chicken, pork, turkey, and even a veggie rice casserole for your friends and family.
Storage of cheesy ground beef rice casserole:
You can easily store the casserole in the fridge for 3-4 days. For keeping it in the freezer, you should pack the casserole in an airtight container and store it for almost three months. You can even prepare the uncooked casserole and freeze it at the same time to bake it whenever you have guests come over or for a Friday night.
What kind of vegetables are perfect for ground beef recipes casseroles?
You can use any vegetables you like, but I recommend using peas, carrots, potatoes, corn, and beans in the casserole.
- Ground beef half kg
- Onion 2 chopped finely
- Tomato sauce can 1 (You can even use the homemade one)
- Rice long grain boiled 1 cup
- Garlic powder 1 tbsp
- Chicken broth 1 cup
- Sour cream 1 cup
- Shredded cheese (Mozzarella and cheddar cheese are perfect for a casserole but you can use any of your favorite ones as well)
- Salt, pepper, and oregano to taste
- Frozen peas 1 cup
- Oil 2 tbsp (You can use olive or vegetable oil)
- Add 1 to 2 tbsp oil in a skillet and saute the onions at high flame for 2 minutes. Add the ground beef and garlic powder to the skillet. Mix it well and cook on medium flame until the beef changes color.
- Now sprinkle the salt, pepper, and oregano in the beef and mix it.
- Now add the remaining ingredients except sour cream and cheese in the beef mixture and let it cook on slimmer heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the prepared mixture to a casserole dish and bake it in the oven at 250 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
- Take out the skillet and make a mixture of cheese and sour cream in a bowl. Pour it on the top and bake it for another 15 minutes until the cheese on the top starts to bubble.
- It is ready to serve your family and friends hot and fresh from the oven.
Is it essential to cover the casserole with foil?
No, it is not important to coveR the casserole with foil when baking. You can use the foil if you want your casserole to be soft. Otherwise, the cheese and the casserole are crispy from the sides, which is something my family and I love. You will not be able to resist the cheesy texture you get when you bake the casserole.
What type of rice should I use in cheesy ground beef rice casserole?
You can use anyone, but I recommend the long grain because it does not get sticky, and you get the perfect baked look for rice casseroles. Many people say to use quick rice, but that does not work for my recipes.
Why is the rice not properly cooked in a casserole?
Commonly, the rice is not properly cooked in beef rice casserole. It is because the heat was not constant, or you were not using the long grain rice.