You know that I always prefer recipes which are easy and can make your life peaceful. After a hectic day of work, you cannot stand for hours in the kitchen making difficult meals. So, here is a new casserole recipe that has potatoes and smoked sausages. Get all the protein, nutrition, and amazing flavors that will surely spoil your tastebuds. This new recipe of casserole is my favorite and I know it is going to be of yours too.
The meat and potatoes are a great combination and you are going to love how this comfort food brings joy to the table. If you have a family that loves casserole then they are not getting enough of this. Moreover, the twist of cheese is such a treat that makes casserole a perfect dinner. The filling has rich flavors and you might not need a lot of meals to make with it. But if you are having a feast or guests over then you can expand your menu.
Moreover, some moms like to make a full make which is healthy and delicious. So, everyone can eat without leaving any leftovers. So, let’s make some exciting menu with this. I do prefer side salad, roasted asparagus, baked wedges, and some bread. You can even customize the overall ingredients and the options of meals you want to put with it. Like you can even get a can of beans and serve it with the casserole.
I would never mind making it one meal so make sure to add all the leafy vegetables you like. Also, you can try ham, quiche, hashbrowns, and cherry tomatoes.
Cheese potato and smoked sausage casserole
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Smoked sausage thin slices around 1 lb
- Russet potatoes 2 and a half cups boiled
- Butter 4 and a half tablespoons
- Flour 4 and a half tablespoons
- Half and half or milk 2 and a half cups
- Paprika half tablespoon
- Cheddar cheese half cup
- Velveeta cheese half cup
- Take a skillet and add the sausages to cook with olive oil. The flame should be low as we have to cook them for a little bit so they can get a nice brown color.
- Make sure to flip the sausage. Now take a baking dish and spray it. Add the sausages and the cooked potatoes to the baking dish.
- Now in the skillet add butter, flour, and a half and half. Mix it well until the half and half are fully mixed and there is a thick consistency. Make sure that the flame is not high medium level is more than enough.
- Add the Velveeta, paprika, salt, pepper, and make sure that the sauce is continuously been stirring. The stirring will ensure that the sauce is thick and has a creamy texture.
- Add this sauce to the top of the potatoes and sausages. Now add some more cheese on the top and bake it for 350-45 minutes. Until the cheese bubbles and the overall casserole is brown from the top. You can serve it fresh in front of the guests and your family.