- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 10 spears), trimmed and cut in half
- 1 (10 ¾-ounce) reduced-fat can cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼-½ teaspoon curry powder, depending on taste
- ½ cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Fill a large pot 2/3 of the way full with water and bring to a boil. Boil chicken until tender, about 20 minutes. Let chicken cool and shred into pieces by hand. Set aside.
- While chicken is boiling, mix together soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and curry powder, and then set aside.
- Spread asparagus on the bottom of a 3-quart casserole dish. Arrange chicken on top of asparagus, and pour the soup mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle the casserole with cheese and breadcrumbs, drizzle melted butter over the top, and bake at 350ºF for 30-35 minutes, until crisp and bubbly. Cover with foil if it starts to get too brown.