Cheesy, creamy, biscuits are my favorite. I have been serving them with my dinners, parties, BBQ, and even take with pasta for potlucks. Believe me, it is quite a combination that you won’t be able to say no to. I have tried this so many times that I cannot remember but still, the cravings are there. Moreover, I consider it perfect for Sunday brunch because I usually have guests come over. It is easy to please a big crowd with these easy-to-make cheesy sausage biscuit bites.
It is a perfect addition to your meal and you just need a handful of ingredients to make this recipe. If you love sausages in your breakfast, then this recipe will never disappoint you. I will be using a cupcake pan here, but you can use a mini muffin one as well. It depends on the size you are going for and you can use any dish. From this recipe, I made 40 biscuit bites that were perfect to serve in breakfast and tea for my friends and family.
Of course, you can. It is perfect to use everything homemade but if you are in a hurry I would recommend the market one. Both are equally delicious and wouldn’t affect the recipe.
Can I use any biscuits for this recipe?
Yes, you can. If you have some already at home then it is perfect to utilize them for this recipe.
What if I don’t like sausage?
It is okay because some of my friends do not like sausage and I make theirs with bacon. The taste will be equally good and it won’t affect the recipe. And for people who want to know what kind of sausage to use, I prefer the hot ones as they have more flavor.
Can you make it ahead of time?
Yes, of course, you can make it ahead of time by following the same recipe. Do not bake it at all. Use plastic wrap to cover your cupcake pan and then freeze it. Bake it for 2-3 minutes extra and it will taste the same. However, you should just keep it in the freezer for 8-10 days.
Easy cheesy sausage biscuit bites
- Mozzarella cheese 2 cups You can also use any other type of cheese if you do not have Mozzarella
- Sausage 1 lb.
- 2 cans of flake biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F while you prepare your ingredients.
- In a bowl, mix the mozzarella cheese with the uncooked sausage bites. Now, make small balls of them and they should all be of equal size.
- Get your biscuits out from the can and make 40 layers of biscuits out of them.
- Take out your cupcake pan and grease it properly.
- Start adding the layers of biscuits in each cup and over it put the sausage cheese balls.
- Add some more cheese on top if you want it to be extra cheesy.
- Bake it for 10 minutes until the cheese starts to bubble and the biscuits are golden.
- Keep it for 2-3 minutes at room temperature and then serve it in a dish.