Italian recipes are just perfect when it comes to bigger gatherings. Like as potlucks, feasts, holidays, and BBQ events. For serving delicious food in bigger quantities, Italian Stromboli is an amazing choice. You can make it with the help of 5 ingredients that might be available in your kitchen. I serve it with some marinara sauce or alfredo white sauce that is loved by my family. You can even prepare the dipping that you like because it is the perfect snack that will melt in your mouth.
In crispy bread, pepperoni, capicola, and mozzarella cheese, you can customize your ingredients. You can use any type of cheese you like but I do prefer the taste of Mozzarella. I have tried different recipes yet this one is my favorite and you are going to fall in love with this recipe. I tried this recipe from my friend who is a great chef. In one bite, I was in love with it and I thought that I need to try this recipe.
I make it almost whenever my friends and family come to visit. Believe me, it will be hard to resist this mouth-watering dish. If you have a lot of kids in the family, then you should definitely try this recipe.
Variations of Italian Stromboli:
Italian Stromboli can be made with any ingredients you like. You can customize the cheese, add veggies, olives, peppers, and anything you like. For people who like their food extra spicy, you can add green chilies and red pepper flakes. I have also tried it with Cajun seasoning and it tasted good.
Italian Stromboli recipe
- 1 prepared pizza dough or 1lb frozen bread
- Sliced pepperoni half cup
- Sliced capicola half cup
- Italian seasoning half tablespoon
- 1 egg Beat it with 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese grated
- Dipping sauce You can use any of your favorite ones like I am choosing marinara sauce
- 1 baking sheet
- Start with preparing your baking tray. Grease your baking sheet and then add the pizza dough or the bread whatever you are using. Cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. You should keep it in the fridge for 8 hours or if possible, overnight. Now, I kept mine overnight, and then the next day I let it sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours. To avoid this step, you can even get a fully-prepared dough.
- Now before assembling your ingredients preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly sprinkle or dust some flour on a clean surface and put there the dough. Make sure to roll it in a rectangular shape.
- Start layering the pepperoni, half of the cheese, capicola, and then the remaining cheese we have. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, and then tightly close the dough. Roll it properly and then brush your roll dough with the egg wash.
- Use the same baking sheet and re-spray it. Put your stromboli and sprinkle some Italian seasoning on top. Sometimes I add sesame seeds for extra flavor at this point.
- Place it in the oven for 20 minutes so it can get its crispy golden color. Wait for 3-5 minutes before you slice your Italian stromboli.