This season calls for the refreshing blueberry dessert because if you are just like me, you cannot keep your hands off blueberries. I enjoy their flavor so much in my desserts and I can just use it in my ice-creams or pie. But today I am going to share the recipe for moist sour cream blueberry coffee cake that is a real treat. I have been making it for a very long time for my family and guests and everyone loves it. It has so many rich flavors, baked to perfection, that you can enjoy it with a lot of your custom toppings.
With a little powdered sugar on top and you will experience the same taste as in an expensive restaurant. It is perfect for your date night, anniversaries, and even birthdays. Surprise our loved ones with this delicious treat that can be served during breakfast, dinners, and tea-time. You can say that it is quite a different recipe especially when it comes to coffee cakes. I like to try different ideas for brunch but this recipe has won so many hearts that I consider it my top choice. It is not just a coffee cake but enriched with so many flavors that will make you fall in love with this recipe.
Sour Cream Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Eggs 2
- Butter 1 cup
- Sugar 2 cups
- Salt a pinch
- Sour cream 1 cup
- Vanilla essence half teaspoon
- Flour 1 cup
- Brown sugar 1 cup
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Pecans chopped 1 cup
- Blueberries fresh 2 cups
- Ground cinnamon 1 tablespoon
- Butter melted 3 tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking dish in the meanwhile.
- Take a bowl and mix flour, baking powder, and salt. In the electric mixer, put the sugar and 1 cup of butter. Make sure that it is fluffy enough and while mixing add one egg at a time. Take 2 minutes before adding the next egg so you have a nice consistency.
- Add the sour cream and the vanilla extract. Mix it well and then combine it with the dry mixture we made earlier.
- Now add half of the final mixture to the baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Take another bowl in which add the brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon. Mix it well till it crumbles and then start putting half of it on the top layer of the flour mixture. Add the remaining batter and now top it with the crumbles, blueberries, and pecans.
- Bake it for 40-50 minutes and you can check if it’s done with the help of a toothpick. If it comes out clean it is ready, otherwise, bake more for 2-5 minutes.