Fudge pie is one of the best desserts that can spoil your tastebuds with its ooey gooey taste. You can prepare the ingredients in just 10 minutes and bake it within 25-30 minutes to enjoy this perfect recipe. It is for every occasion like holidays, birthdays, and even date night. I have been making this recipe for a very long time and my family is just crazy about it. You can say that for anyone like me whose weakness is chocolate then this recipe is hands down.
You do not need any cooking expertise to make this dish, it is that easy. Believe me, that you are going to love this recipe so much.
Can I use chocolate instead of cocoa powder?
Yes, of course, you can. Both of the ingredients are perfect to make the best hot fudge pie. For chocolate, you can use both sweetened and unsweetened. Make sure that if you are using the sweetened one, decrease the sugar to half a cup otherwise it will be way too sweet for you. Sometimes, I even add a tablespoon of condensed milk which adds quite a flavor that we enjoy.
Why my hot fudge pie is getting runny?
It is possible because you might not beat your eggs correctly and then did not beat them properly when you mixed it with sugar. The whole process is important and it is better to do it step-by-step. Take your time in the mixing process so you have a smooth pie.
Can I freeze the fudge pies?
You can of course freeze your pies. It is one of the main reasons that this dish is so easy and helpful. You can even bake it ahead of time and freeze it or just add let it freeze and then bake it for 5 more minutes when you need to serve.
Should I cut the fudge pie before freezing?
It is better to cut the fudge and then store the layers of it on butter paper. I usually store it in the fridge because we eat it quickly. But when it makes it bulk to store then freezing is the perfect option.
Hot Fudge Pie
- Sugar 1 cup
- Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- All-purpose flour half cup
- Cocoa powder 3 tablespoons
- Eggs 2
- Butter half cup at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl add the butter and sugar and beat it with the help of an electric mixer for 2-4 minutes.
- Add the beaten eggs, vanilla essence, cocoa powder, and salt to the same mixture. Mix it well to make a good fluffy mixture.
- Now add the flour and mix it with the help of a spatula because we do not want to beat it too hard. I usually mix it with my hand so it turns out to be gooey.
- Grease an 8-inch pan and add the mixture to it. Bake it for 30-35 minutes until the cake is perfectly set and still a little gooey from the inside.
- Top it with your favorite ice cream and enjoy the perfect dessert.