One of my favorite restaurants when I was growing up was Macaroni Grill. First off, at what other place is it acceptable for adults to color on the table? Second, that fresh warm rosemary bread dipped in olive oil…. I can eat the whole loaf! Seriously. And then there is the best pasta dish- Chicken Pasta Milano
This yummy pasta has chicken, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, basil, and a creamy sauce. Oh and I added a little bonus- prosciutto. YUM! It’s amazing. Unfortunately, the last time I dined at Macaroni Grill it just wasn’t how I remember it when I was a kid so I had to recreate the dish that I remember from my childhood. Now I (and YOU!) can enjoy this tasty meal fresh any time and for a fraction of the price. Unfortunately, writing on the table isn’t going to fly at home.
Hungry for more pasta copycat recipes? Try out my Cheesecake Factory copycat recipe for Louisiana Chicken Pasta and Cunetto’s Spaghetti con Broccoli . Enjoy!
Italian Chicken Pasta
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts pounded to ½ inch thick
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1¼ cup chicken broth
- 1½ cups half and half cream
- 1 16 ounce package bow-tie pasta
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- Parmesan cheese
- Fry prosciutto in a non-stick skillet until done. Drain on a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Break into pieces when cool.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in the skillet. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then cook until golden on both sides and done (about 8 minutes). Remove onto a cutting board and slice thin.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over low with ½ cup chicken broth and garlic. Scrap as you cook and stir to deglaze the pan for about 1 minute. Add the sundried tomatoes and remaining 1 cup chicken broth. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes uncovered.
- Add the half-and-half, while stirring continuously bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Add the mushrooms and cook until sauce begins to thicken (about 5-7 minutes). Stir in the chicken and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package until al dente. Serve pasta with sauce poured on top. (If you are not planning to eat all of it, store pasta and sauce separate. Mix together after you have reheated each.) Garnish with basil, Parmesan cheese, and prosciutto.