Beek brisket is one of the most popular recipes around the world cooked in different ways. There are so many spices that you can add and serve with sauces and sides that can enhance the flavors. The secret to making a delicious beef brisket is the way you are cooking it. I have been making it for quite some time, and I love the slow cooker recipe. You can never go wrong with it and everyone will just love the meat.
Beef Brisket Slow Cooker – Why cook it on slow heat?
Brisket is the kind of recipe that has the breast part of the beef meat. It is one of the strongest parts of the cow that takes hours to cook. If you cook it on high flame then it will be cooked but the brisket will not be tender. The secret is that you should cook in on a slimmer heat for 8 hours atleast and see the difference yourself.
Beef Brisket Slow Cooker – Flat cut vs pointcut:
Should I use flat cut vs point cut? It is one of the most asked questions because both of them can be used for the brisket. The flat one is the lean cut and the point cut is the one with the fat end. It depends on your choice but I always use the flat cut because I like my meat to be lean.
Can you grill the brisket?
Of course, not only you can grill it, but there are so many other ways to cook it. I prefer that you should always cook it on low heat because it makes the meat tender. Whenever I want to make it I add it to the slow cooker, and it cooks on its own. I go out and come back to see the dinner is ready to serve fresh and hot.
Beef Brisket Slow Cooker Recipe
- Beef brisket 1 You can easily find it in any meat shop or grocery store
For the dry rub:
- Salt and pepper both 1 tsp
- Onion powder half tsp
- Garlic powder half tsp
- Celery seed a pinch
- Chilli powder 1 tsp
For the sauce:
- A1 sauce ⅛
- Mustard sauce half tsp
- Liquid smoke 1 tbsp Optional
- Chili sauce half cup
- Ketchup half cup
- Cider vinegar 2 tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce 2 tbsp
- You can add all the dry ingredients to a small bowl and mix them. It would be perfect to make the dry mix in a large quantity and save it for future use.
- Rub the dry mix on the brisket and let it marinade overnight if it is possible for you. If not then at least let it marinade for 4-5 hours.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients and add half of it to the slow cooker with the marinade brisket. Cook it on high flame for 4-5 hours or on slow for 8 hours. I always prefer to make it on slow because the taste is truly delicious. I can feel the difference whenever I have made it quickly because of guests coming over.
- Serve it by adding the remaining sauce to the top.