If you love Chinese food, then these homemade egg rolls are going to be the best thing you will ever make. I have always been a fan of Chinese food and instead of takeout’s, I try recipes from the internet for my family’s weekend meals. The best part about the egg rolls is that you can make them in batches and save them for future use. You can freeze them in an airtight container and just fry them whenever you need.
I have been serving them with tea or coffee whenever I have guests at home. Mostly my filling is pork and veggies but you can use the same recipe for chicken as well. As kids mostly love this crispy treat with chicken and veggies so you can make an extra batch for them. Just like pizza night, Chinese night is also a must in our house. So, I tried this recipe many years ago and have made it into perfection.
Firstly, you should know that making these crispy homemade egg rolls is very easy. The tricky thing is to make sure that the egg rolls are properly rolled and stick together. I will guide you through this recipe that will make sure you can enjoy the best egg rolls with your Chinese food. I have been making some Chinese rice, stir fry, Chowmein, or even some comforting noodles with it.
Try the recipe once and everyone will love it. You can even serve it with some sauce but I think the overall taste is perfect and does not need extra flavors.
Delicious Homemade Egg Rolls
- Garlic minced 3 cloves
- Ground pork 1 pound
- Vegetable oil 1 tbsp and Vegetable oil for frying
- Sesame oil 1 tbsp
- Soya sauce 2 tbsp
- Flour 2 tbsp
- Water 2 tbsp
- Egg roll wrappers 1 pack You can easily find it at a nearby grocery store
- Carrot 1 chopped or shredded
- Cabbage 1 finely shredded
- Ginger paste 1 tsp
- Any dipping sauce Optional
- In a skillet add the vegetable oil, garlic, and pork. Cook it on medium flame until the pork changes color.
- Start adding the ginger, sesame oil, and soya sauce.
- Cook it for 5 minutes on low flame and then set it aside.
- Once the prepared meat is cool, add it to a medium bowl following carrots and cabbage.
- Now mix the flour and water mentioned quantity to make a thick paste. Keep it near the assembling area.
- Lay out one egg roll wrapper on the counter or a tray. Add a little quantity of the pork mixture we have prepared to the center of the wrapper.
- Apply the flour paste with the help of a brush or your finger to the farthest corner. Now slightly roll the closest corner and fold the left and right in the center and keep rolling to the end. It is the most important step here as you do not want to overdo the flour mixture and still want it enough so the wrapper can stick together.
- Repeat this step for all the egg rolls that you can make from these ingredients.
- Fry the egg rolls in the vegetable oil and serve them hot and crispy with a dipping sauce.
- You can even try some Asian sauce for the best flavors.
Recipe 2 From CookingWithHua :