You will love these fantastic stuffed peppers ready to serve in 40-45 minutes. They will surely blow your mind away because of their perfect taste. The cheese, sirloin steak, and mushrooms are the perfect ingredients to create the best combination of flavors. You can 2x, 3x, etc., the recipe based on your need. Indeed, everyone will love this recipe and would ask you to make more.
How to store the Philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers?
For freezing, you can follow all the steps except for baking. After the assembling, cover the peppers with aluminum foil and store them in an airtight container. You can add 5-10 minutes in the baking time, so they are properly cooked. If you have leftovers, you can keep them in the fridge and use them in the next 2-4 days.
Substitutes for Philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers:
You can use any other cut of the steak as well. I am using Sirloin because it is lean, and you get a nice part of the meat. You can also use the same recipe for chicken, pork, and turkey.
I am using green bell peppers, but you can also use the red and yellow ones if you like or have them.
I won’t recommend the white onion because red indeed enhances the flavors.
Mozzarella is my favorite cheese, but you can go for any type you like to customize the recipe.
You can even add more spices and veggies according to your liking.
How to make soft stuffed peppers?
I do like mine a little crunchy, but you can surely make them softer. Do not add cheese in the assembling part; bake it with aluminum foil at 375 degrees. After that, add the cheese and melt it in the oven for 5-10 minutes. You will get the soft texture that you need in your stuffed peppers.
What to serve with these amazing stuffed peppers?
You can make some roasted russet potatoes that taste perfect with this recipe. You can also make some homemade bread, wedges, roasted carrots, and pasta. I think the recipe is wholesome and have a lot of protein and carbohydrates essential for the body. If you are on a diet, you can eat it with a slice or two of low-carb cheese. It will be perfect for spoiling yourself even on diet days.
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Onion 1 big diced
- Sirloin steak 8oz
- Green bell peppers big 3 Cut from the top and completely clean from inside
- Mushrooms 2 cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mozzarella/cheddar/Provolone cheese 10-12 slices
- Oil for cooking
- In a skillet, add some oil and mushroom. Let the mushrooms cook on high heat until their color changes. Add the onions and saute them with the mushrooms. Now, remove the veggies and add the steak.
- As soon as the steak changes color, drain it. Add the veggies back to the skillet, salt, and pepper.
- Start placing the cheese slice at the bottom of the beef and cover it with more cheese slices. Repeat the process for the other two peppers and bake them at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.