Being a casserole lover, I have tried so many recipes. I have been ordering the one-pot Mexican rice casserole whenever in restaurants. Finally, I thought that its time to try this recipe as well. I can’t get enough of it; there are so many flavors. Moreover, the cheese dripping and melting on the top of the dish is just on point. We all can agree that it is the perfect comforting and warm food.
I have been making this casserole now for big gatherings, potluck lunch and dinner, and birthday parties. Whenever I feel that I am tired, then this is my go-to recipe. There is no need to make this dish in a baking oven like the other casseroles. You can make it in a skillet on the stove and prepare a restaurant-style casserole for dinner. It is perfect for all occasions, and everyone will love it. For your perfect dinner, you can make some cheesy or garlic bread, wedges, or any of your favorite appetizers.
What we love about this one-pot Mexican rice casserole:
All the ingredients are easily available and are highly affordable for a restaurant-style meal.
The complete meal is prepared in 30-40 minutes and just one skillet.
You can use this recipe for making vegetarian dishes and make tacos and burritos using the prepared meat.
Variations for one pot Mexican rice casserole:
If you are a vegetarian, then you can change the beef to veggies or follow the recipe same without using the meat.
You can make the same mixture except for rice and use it for tacos or wraps. The flavors are perfect; you can enhance them by adding more ingredients like veggies and fries.
How to store one pot of Mexican rice casserole:
You can keep leftovers in the fridge and use them for 2-3 days. It is perfect to use for breakfast by adding some scrambled eggs. Otherwise, you can freeze it for a month or two by keeping it in an airtight container. If you want to heat it, cut some part and reheat it in the oven.
One Pot Mexican Rice Casserole Recipe
- Beef broth 1 and a half cup
- Garlic powder half tbsp
- Ground beef 1 pound
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Onion 1 big diced
- Corn can 1
- Tomato sauce 8 ounces
- Salsa half cup
- 1 cup white rice You can use any rice, but I am going to use the long grain
- Taco seasoning 1 tbsp You can add more, but I like mine with less seasoning
- Cheese 1 and a half cup I am using the mozzarella cheese, but you can also use the cheddar
- In a large skillet, add the beef and onion. Saute them on medium heat until the beef changes color.
- Drain the water of the beef and add all the ingredients except cheese. Make sure you are cooking on medium heat because the flavors are perfect. Even the rice is tender when you cook it covering the lid. After 20 minutes, turn the heat low and add the cheese on top.
- Cover the lid and let the cheese melt for 2-4 minutes.
- Serve it hot and fresh to your friends and family.
Drain the can of corn?? your receipe is a little different then in your face book picture with partial receipe…..Onion.. facebook says small and you say on the receipe big??? garlic powder facebook says 1 teaspoon receipe says 1/2 Tablespoon. taco seasoning facebook says 2 T and receipe says 1T. looks yummy but could you send the correct measurements
thank you E Vezina