Hamburger in a soup? Yes, you heard it right. Potato soups are always a favorite appetizer at buffets and family dinners. But here is a delicious and creamy recipe with an interesting twist – a soup with ground beef. From kids to adults, everyone will love this easy-to-make recipe, as this one is right from my cookbook and is a hit among my friends and family.
This soup recipe goes well with bread, coleslaw, salad, sandwiches, meatballs, and even a glass of red wine. This soup recipe will be perfect for occasions such as potlucks, church dinners, cozy Christmas parties, and winter get-togethers.
You can cook this easy recipe for a loved one who’s been sick for a speedy recovery as all the ingredients in this soup are super-healthy and powerful. This recipe is highly nutritious and can be fed to children growing up. Those who are extremely diet conscious and looking out for their calories can also enjoy this healthy meal.
Why does this recipe work?
The main reason why it is always my top choice is that the ingredients are easy to find and probably in your pantry. It is like a comforting one-pot meal that can satisfy the whole family. Moreover, this recipe is ready in under 30 minutes. You can enjoy this delicious soup filled with protein and all the essential nutrients that are perfect for a balanced diet. You can also add some veggies for the kids so they can enjoy their meal.
Storage of hamburger and potato soup:
You can keep this soup in the fridge for 3-4 days, and it will taste perfectly fine. You can reheat it properly to enjoy it as your meal. For freezing, store in an airtight container for 2-3 months.
Creamy Potato & Hamburger Soup
- Ground Beef – 1 kg
- 1 White Onion
- Garlic Clove
- Velveeta Cheese – 250 g
- Frozen Vegetable Mix – 2 Cups
- Chicken Broth – 1.5 L
- Russet Potatoes – 6 Cups
- Cornstarch – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 1.5 Cups
- Dried Basil Leaves
- Dried Parsley Leaves
- Take a large skillet and fry the ground beef with diced onions until the beef is cooked and changes its color to brown.
- Take a stockpot and fry garlic until brown. Then add the fried ground beef to it.
- After simmering for a few minutes, add the russet potatoes, vegetable mix, chicken broth, and basil leaves.
- Leave the mixture to cook for about six to eight hours on high flame until the potatoes dissolve in the broth.
- Take a bowl, add milk and cornstarch and mix it well. Pour this mix into the soup.
- Stir it for one to two minutes. After that, add the Velveeta cheese and simmer until the Cheese is melted completely.
- Add parsley leaves and simmer until the desired consistency of the soup is achieved.
- Your easy-to-make and creamy hamburger and potato soup are ready to be served hot.
For those who dislike ground beef, you can substitute this with ground chicken.
If you like your soup super-thick, you can add more cornstarch. Or, if you want runny consistency, then add cornstarch accordingly.
I have no idea how, cooking on high for 6 to 8 hours, that you would have anything left. This has to be typed incorrectly?? I’d like to make it, but am confused about the length of time to cook. Will probably just wing it, but wanted a fool-proof recipe as I am bringin it to a friend who has been ill so didn’t want any errors.
Slow cooker or crockpot low is about 200F High is about 300f. I did this one with shredded cheese, Turned out very good.
I would put this in a crock pot on low for 4-6 hours.
I used a crock pot let it cook on high over night then added the cornstarch and cheese in the morning and cooked on low for 1/2 hour then set to warm just to keep it ready