If you are a foodie who loves to munch on snacks, then you have come across the perfect recipe to satisfy all your cravings. Mozzarella bites are everyone’s favorite and go-to recipe when it comes to snacks and appetizers. It is a super easy and crispy fried mozzarella bites recipe that you can enjoy anytime. It takes around 20 minutes to prepare, and you can find almost all the ingredients in your kitchen easily.
The cheese-filled bites are a perfect choice for appetizers on family dinners and can be served as a snack on game nights. These crunchy mozzarella bites can cater to your vegetarian guests as well. This dish is popular among kids as well as adults, you can never go wrong with cheesy goodness. It can be a perfect after-school snack as well.
You can also enjoy this scrumptious dish with your favorite sauce like ranch dip, garlic mayo sauce, cheese sauce, honey mustard dip, or mushroom sauce. Let’s dive into the recipe:
Fried Mozzarella Bites
- Take a cutting board and slice your mozzarella sticks into small bite-size pieces.
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and whisk them. Add milk, stir it well and keep the bowl aside. Take another bowl and fill it with flour. In another bowl, add the Italian bread crumbs. Now place all three bowls in a row.
- Take one piece of string cheese at a time, dip it in flour then in egg mixture, and then in bread crumbs. Coat each piece properly and set them aside for frying.
- Take a skillet and add cooking oil, and heat it to 350 degrees.
- Add about 7-8 pieces at a time and cook them for 45 seconds or until golden brown.
- Line a plate with a paper towel, take out the fried mozzarella bites and put them on the plate.
- Repeat the frying process with the rest of the bites.
- Serve them hot with your favorite sauce. Enjoy!
- You can substitute any other kind of cheese in this recipe.
- You can also use panko instead of Italian bread crumbs for more crispiness.
- If you like your cheese bites a bit spicy, you can also add the cayenne powder in the flour mix or bread crumbs for extra flavor.
- Use a thermometer to check the temperature of the oil. Here’s a simple trick, if you do not have a thermometer in your kitchen. Take a wooden spoon and dip in the oil, if you see bubbles moving around the handle, your oil is ready for frying.
- Serve this dish immediately to avoid sogginess.
- You can also store these cheese bites for future use. After coating the bites, cover them completely with plastic wrap and put them in a ziplock bag or airtight box in the freezer. You can use these cheese bites as lunch for your kids, after-school snacks, or a side dish with your favorite pasta. You can freeze these for up to a month.
Is it okay to use spices in easy-fried mozzarella bites?
Yes, of course, you can. For spicing it up you can use paprika or chili flakes. Just add your spices to the flour and it will give the perfect taste.