Baked legs with creamy mushroom sauce is an easy-to-make recipe and requires only a bunch of simple ingredients. Regardless of how easy it is to make this, you are going to love every flavorsome bite of it once it is prepared. It is the perfect choice of the main course for weekend dinners, family gatherings, and even holiday events.
The mushroom sauce prepared from scratch is the star of this recipe. This is one of the creamiest mushroom sauce recipes you will ever find. Everyone in my social circle is a fan of my famous baked legs with creamy mushroom sauce. I have made this dish a hundred times and the chicken has always turned out to be the tenderest and the mushroom sauce creamiest.
Talking about baked legs, you might understand them with chicken drumsticks. The chicken leg is a rather big-sized piece, it contains both the drumstick and thigh piece. Keeping this in mind, let’s dive into this delicious recipe:
Baked Legs with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- In a bowl, prepare the flour mixture to dredge the chicken in. Add ¼ cup of all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour as per your liking), salt, and black pepper to it. Fully coat the chicken legs with the flour mix.
- Take a large skillet, pour olive oil, and once it is heated, place the chicken legs in the skillet. Cook each side for about 3-4 minutes until crisp and golden brown. Once the chickens are done, keep them aside.
- In the same skillet, the mushroom sauce will be prepared. Add the sliced mushrooms and minced garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add chicken broth to mushrooms and stir it for a few minutes and let it simmer on medium flame. Add a pinch of salt at this point.
- Take the chicken legs you kept aside earlier and dip them in the chicken stock. Let it cook for about 25-30 minutes for tender and juicy chicken.
- Remove the chicken legs and keep the mushroom sauce simmering on medium to high flame. When the sauce is reduced by 1/3rd, add the heavy cream and milk and give it a good stir.
- On a low to medium flame, keep stirring the mushroom sauce until it thickens.
- Once your sauce is ready, soak the chicken legs in the sauce, and heat it for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle some parsley leaves for garnishing, serve hot, and enjoy!
- You can also use gluten-free flour. It will be baked in the same way.
- You can also add some Parmesan Cheese to the sauce.
- If you do not like mushrooms, then you can add bacon, vegetable mix, asparagus, or broccoli.
- You can add spinach to the mushroom sauce to give it a kick of flavor.
- You can freeze the chicken legs and mushroom mixture for 3-4 days. Prepare the sauce and bake the chicken legs. It will cook juicy and tenderly.