Are you looking for a meal that is quick to make, highly nutritious, and toothsome at the same time? Look no more, as I have brought you the perfect recipe that serves you right! Creamy Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo Pasta is the ideal dish to enjoy at weekday dinners. It takes about 30-40 minutes to prepare and requires a few simple ingredients. It is a simple recipe yet so flavorsome that you would include this in your weekly menu.
Imagine a bowl of buttery shrimp, fresh broccoli, and a creamy pasta sauce, it is not only a treat for your tastebuds but your eyes as well. The shrimp provides you with the necessary proteins, broccoli adds fiber, and the alfredo is just for your tastebuds. This recipe is a winner at every dinner table.
Here’s a recipe that will win over your heart and will steal a place in your cookbook.
Creamy Shrimp & Broccoli Alfredo Pasta
- Fettuccine or Penne Pasta – 350 g
- Peeled and Deveined Shrimp – ½ kg
- Steamed Broccoli – 2 cups
- 1 Onion
- Garlic Clove
- Cooking Oil – 1-2 tbsp
- Unsalted Butter – 3-4 tbsp
- Heavy whipping cream – 2 cups
- White wine optional
- Parmesan Cheese – 45 g
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper – ½ tsp
- Paprika optional
- Parsley or Basil for garnishing
- Take a saucepan and cook the fettuccine or penne pasta according to packet instructions. In the boiling water, add a pinch of salt and a few drops of oil, so that the pasta does not stick to each other. When the pasta is cooked, drain, and keep aside. Keep some of the pasta water.
- Take the shrimps and season them with salt, black pepper, and some paprika.
- Take a large skillet, add 1-2 tbsp of butter, and sauté the seasoned shrimps in it. Cook each side for about two minutes or until they are pinkish golden in color. Once they are done, keep them aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, add 1-2 tbsp of butter and add finely diced onions. Sauté the onions until they are golden brown. Add some minced garlic and sauté. At this point, you can add white wine.
- Now add the heavy whipping cream and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add some parmesan cheese and let it melt and thicken the sauce.
- Add salt, black pepper, and paprika to enhance the flavor of the sauce.
- Side by side, steam the broccoli until they are fork-tender. Drain and keep aside with the pasta.
- Once the sauce is prepared, add the steamed broccoli, buttery shrimps, and drained fettucine in it.
- Give it a good stir. Sprinkle some parsley leaves and basil for garnishing and to enhance the flavor as well.
- You can substitute broccoli with any other steamed vegetable such as asparagus, zucchini, or any of your favorites.
- Instead of using white wine, you can add freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste.
- You can also substitute flour with gluten-free flour.
- You can also use any type of cheese you want with-or-without parmesan.
- If you want to avoid high calories, instead of heavy whipping cream, you can use milk.