I always had a knack for breakfast recipes and recently I came across this recipe that was a game changer. I made a few modifications and it was a bang! You are going to love it whether it is for breakfast or snacks. Everyone is going to be impressed by these stuffed bacon and cheese biscuits. You can serve them with tea or for big gatherings. When I say they are delicious, you have to believe they are more than that.
It is a comforting food and you can fill it with a lot of cheese and bacon. It has been a part of the Continental breakfast and some places serve it with a layer of scrambled eggs and jam. It is up to you to personalize it in your way. You can serve it as a side with your favorite lunch and dinner meals to make the perfect combo.
Stuffed Bacon & Cheese Biscuits Recipe
- Cheese 1 cup You can any cheese you want
- Bacon cooked 12 oz You can even use the pre-cooked ones from the store
- Crescent rolls 2 cans If you have biscuits, go for them
- Flour for dusting Optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and prepare your baking sheet by greasing it.
- Lightly sprinkle some flour on the tray.
- Start with unrolling the crescent rolls. Press them into a rectangular shape and add a layer of cheese and bacon. Repeat the process for both cans.
- Use a pizza cutter or a knife and cut them into small squares.
- Put them on the baking sheet and bake them for 15 minutes until the color is light brown.
- Serve it fresh and hot to your friends and family.
How to store these amazing bacon cheese biscuits?
You can easily keep these in the fridge by storing them in an airtight container. It can last 4-5 days and if you are making it in bulk then you can store it in the freezer for a month or so. It is important to make sure that you are covering the biscuits properly with aluminum foil or saran wrap and then store them in an airtight container. Just heat it for 30-50 seconds and enjoy it.
Notes for the recipe:
- You must let the bacon cool down if you are making it fresh for this recipe. If the bacon is hot then it will get the dough moist.
- You can brush the rolls with butter for an amazing taste and smell.
- Always use flour to dust the rolls so they do not stick. It makes the whole process easier especially when you are using the cutter and have to make small squares.
Which cheese would you recommend for this recipe?
I would recommend the Cheddar cheese because it gives the perfect taste to the biscuits/crescent rolls. You can shred the cheese yourself or even use the pre-shredded ones from the market.
Can I use precooked bacon?
Yes, of course, you can. Precooked bacon can save your time as you just have to put them in the layer. Just make sure to check that you are using the regular ones, not the smoke ones.