Tea time desserts are my favorite especially if they have pecans in them. The buttercream pound cake has gotten a lot of attention online due to its delicious taste and rum-glazed topping. I had to try it, and when I did, it was just divine. It is something you have to try once if you are a pecan lover. The glaze is to die for, and the kids are going to love it.
What to serve with pecan pound cake?
You can serve it with some whipped toppings. It is always a great idea to pair up your cake with delicious treats like ice-creams, nuts, and a nice cup of coffee. For having the perfect tea time, you should have this cake with some homemade biscuits. Everyone will love it and will surely ask you about the recipe.
Substitutes for buttercream pecan round cake:
If you don’t have any buttermilk, then you can make it at home yourself. It is easy and would taste the same.
You can even use the same recipe for other nuts if you don’t like pecans.
How to store buttercream pecan round cake?
If you have any leftovers, then you can store them in an airtight container. It is perfect to keep for 4-5 days in the fridge, and hardly comes a time when you have to freeze it. But if it does, then keep it packed in aluminum foil or saran wrap and store it in an airtight container. It will be safe to use for a maximum of 3 months.
Butter Cream Pecan Pound Cake Recipe
- Buttermilk 1 cup
- Brown sugar 3 cups
- Eggs 6
- Butter 2 cups at room temperature
- All-purpose flour 3 cups
- Baking powder 2 tsp
- Ground cinnamon 2 tsp
- Vanilla essence 2 tbsp
- Pecans 2 cups chopped
- Baking soda ¼ tsp
- Allspice half tsp
- Nonstick cooking spray
For the preparation of the glaze:
- Rum 1 tbsp
- Butter ¼ cup
- Granulated sugar ¼ cup
- Heavy whipped cream ¼ cup
- Brown sugar light ¼ cup
- Powdered sugar 1 cup
- Chopped pecans for garnishing Optional
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Start by adding butter to the electric mixer and mix it until it gets creamy. Slowly add the brown sugar during the process and let it mix. Now after the brown sugar, add eggs one by one.
- Now mix the remaining ingredients except vanilla, pecans, and buttermilk. Start preparing the flour mixture and put it slowly with buttermilk in the butter mixture we prepared above. Use them one by one, so you get the best consistency.
- Grease a Bundt pan. Put the prepared mixture in the Bundt pan and bake in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Use a toothpick to check whether the cake is ready or not. If it is ready, then keep it aside and let it cool to room temperature.
- We will start preparing the glaze now. Take a saucepan and add all the ingredients except powdered sugar, pecans, and rum.
- Let it cook for 1 minute, and then add the rum slowly in it.
- Slowly and gradually add the powdered sugar and pecans to the end.
- Mix it well, and pour it over the cake and let it cool for 4-5 hours. You can even let it cool overnight and serve it the other day.