Chicken recipes are the perfect choice for any lunch or dinner. Whether it is just your family or a lot of guests at home, you can never go wrong with comforting chicken recipes. Today, I am going to share the recipe for heavenly chicken. The sour cream and the Ritz cracker are the key ingredients of this recipe that makes it super loaded with flavors. Moreover, the butter surely makes the chicken drizzled with the yumminess of this recipe.
Heavenly Chicken Recipe
- Boneless chicken breasts 4
- Onion powder 1 tsp
- Sour cream 1 cup
- Garlic powder 2 tsp
- Butter 2 tbsp Melted in the microwave oven
- Ritz crackers 2 cups Crush these in a Ziplock bag
- Paprika 1 tsp
- Parsley Optional for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease the baking dish. You can even grease it with some butter if you like.
- Start by pounding the breast chicken so they are all of the same thickness.
- Mix all the ingredients except butter and Ritz cracker in a bowl. In another bowl add the crushed Ritz cracker. Start with a coating of one chicken at a time in the first mixture and then coat with the crackers.
- Repeat this for the others as well and put them on the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 165 degrees F until the chicken is properly cooked.
- Serve it hot and fresh from the oven to your family and friends.
An important tip to remember:
Between plastic sheets, place the chicken and pound it for the same thickness. It ensures proper cooking of the chicken and you do not have to worry about over or under cook.
Notes for the recipe:
- You can use chicken thighs if you want. I am using the breast chicken breast for this recipe but have tried it with other meat as well.
- The main reason why I didn’t add any salt is that the Ritz crackers are already very salty. If you want, you can add salt, pepper, and any spices that you like. But I would recommend that you try this recipe once my way and you will love it.
- If you don’t have or can’t find Ritz crackers, then you can use breadcrumbs. If this is the case, you should use salt and pepper for the best flavors.
How to store heavenly chicken?
You can easily store this amazing recipe in the fridge for 3-4 days and it will stay the same. Just make sure to cover it in aluminum or plastic wrap and then store it in an airtight container.
Is it okay to make this recipe in an air fryer?
Of course, you can. This recipe is perfect for baking, air fryer, grill, and if you want you can fry it. Just cook it for 10 minutes at 380 degrees F.
Why is it called heavenly chicken?
There is no fact about the name. It is probably because it is divine and the flavors of this recipe surely spoil your tastebuds. You cannot ask for a better recipe than this. If you love baked chicken then you are going to fall in love with it. Ritz crackers surely give a unique flavor and crunch to your everyday chicken recipe.
What if I don’t like sour cream?
A lot of people have asked what if it tastes like sour cream. It does not at all and you will hardly feel that there was any sour cream used. The main reason it is part of the recipe is to make the chicken moist and juicy.