The delicious crockpot ham, green beans, and potatoes are perfect for a comforting meal. It is the perfect recipe for holiday ham leftover. Everyone will love it and keep asking about this wholesome meal you have cooked. The key point of this recipe is the slow cooker that makes it the hearty meal everyone will love. You can keep bread as a side or any of your favorite dressings, and it will have extra flavor, and you can enjoy it till you are full.
I will be using fresh green beans in this recipe, but if you want, you can also use the frozen ones. I do not recommend using the canned ones because they get overcooked in the crockpot. The reason is that they are already cooked, and you will ruin the texture of your perfect green beans. But if you want to use them, only add 30 minutes before the meal is done.
A mix of different flavors and herbs indeed increases the level of excitement. I have tried this recipe many times but still get super excited about it. Sometimes, I use some salted butter to improve the buttery deliciousness and wholesome flavors of the recipe.
You can use any of your favorite potatoes, but I enjoy the flavors of yellow potatoes in this recipe. I have also tried it sometimes with the red and blush potatoes. Just remove the skins and make an equal size of small potatoes for the meal. I prefer the yellow ones because they are so creamy and have low calories compared to the other ones. The name knows as Yukon Gold. It is an all-purpose potato that you can easily find in the market.
Russet potatoes are also perfect for this recipe. But I recommend you go for the yellow and red ones for the classic taste.
Crockpot Ham, Green Beans, And Potatoes Recipe
- Ham chopped or cubed 2 cups
- Onion 1 chopped
- Chicken broth 2 cups
- Green beans 1 lb. Make sure to wash it properly and then snipe the ends
- Water You can use as much as you need
- Yukon Gold potatoes 10 cut into small cubes
- Onion powder 1 tsp
- Garlic powder 1 tsp
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Place the fresh green beans in the crockpot and add the chicken broth. You have to ensure that the beans are covered with broth. If not, use water to cover it, keeping the beans soft and properly cooked.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and let it cook on low heat for 4 hours. If your potatoes are not done, heat them for another hour to get tender potatoes.
What can you add as a side to this recipe?
You can serve bread, pasta, chicken wings, wedges, and roasted broccoli with this recipe. Everyone will surely love it, or you can serve it as a whole comforting meal. You will not ask for a much better recipe for a quality dinner.