Family-friendly recipes are always favorites, especially if they bring everyone together. For me, one of the best recipes have always been the Philly cheesesteak sloppy joes that combine the world-famous recipe with many unique flavors. It is highly economical as you won’t need special equipment and complex ingredients. Moreover, it is a complete meal that will fill everyone with deliciousness.
It is meaty, cheesy, and comfortable food made with love for your family. The juicy ground beef and melted cheese on a sandwich is a fully loaded meal that is going to win the hearts of everyone. You can make it for game nights, birthdays, gatherings, and holidays. Whenever I have many people come over, this is my go-to recipe, and the response I get is amazing.
Why are you going to love Philly cheesesteak sloppy joes?
You are going to crave it all the time with just one bite. So, it is a recipe that is easy to make and won’t take much of your time.
Everyone will give you excellent comments on your cooking skills, and they will surely ask about the recipe.
In just 30 minutes, you can have everything ready to serve your family and guests.
The recipe I am sharing is highly economical, so you do not have to crave food from restaurants when you can make this delicious hearty meal at home.
The filling and buns can be made ahead of time. Just heat it on the stove and serve it to your guests or family.
You can personalize the recipe according to your taste, like adding more veggies, cheese, and sauce, and you can use anything in it.
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes Recipe
For the filling
- Garlic 4 cloves chopped
- Reduced sodium beef broth 1 cup
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Lean ground beef 1 pound
- Dijon mustard 1 tsp
- Green pepper 1 diced
- Onion 1 diced
- Cornstarch 1 tbsp
- Ketchup 2 tbsp
- Beef bouillon 1 and a half tsps.
- Worcestershire sauce tbsp
- Red pepper flakes ¼ tsp You can even add more for spice
- Salt half tsp
- Dried oregano 1 tsp
- Dried parsley 1 tsp
- Dried basil half tsp
- Paprika half tsp
- Cheddar cheese 1 cup
For the buns
- Provolone cheese 6 slices
- Hamburger buns 6
- Butter or mayo for brushing optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and start preparing your ingredients.
- Cut the buns in half and spread some mayo or butter on the buns to make them crispier. Bake for 5 minutes, and then keep them aside.
- Add olive oil, beef, onion, and green pepper to a skillet. Cook at medium flame, and when the beef changes color, add the garlic. Sauté it for 2 minutes.
- Add the beef broth, cornstarch, and beef bouillon to a cup and mix them. Add it to the meat and mix it continuously.
- Put the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon, and the remaining seasonings in the meat.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, and then add the cheddar cheese.
- Add the cooked beef to the buns and top it with provolone cheese. Bake it for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F and serve it immediately hot and fresh from the oven.