Are you looking for an exciting recipe for your weekend dinner? I always like recipes that you can enjoy with rice. It is comforting, and you can personalize the toppings according to your liking. Today, I will share the recipe for jerk steak and shrimp over yellow rice with a hint of honey and butter. It is a delicious treat for anyone who likes shrimp or steak. You can even spice it up if you like.
I am adding 1 cup of red and green bell peppers. You can even exceed the quantity and enjoy it with your favorite veggies.
What are Jerk steak and shrimp?
Jerk is a delicious seasoning that brings flavor to any meat you use. Just like the Cajun seasoning, it is used in so many recipes. The recipe is Jamaica style with the traditional use of flavors. This recipe is famous, especially in the US, because of its tasty meat over yellow rice. You can add chicken, pork, and anything you want to replace the steak. Shrimps are an important part of the recipe. So, if you are a seafood lover, you have to try it once in your life.
I visited a restaurant where I tried the same recipe and was inspired by yellow rice. It was up to a point cooked and beautifully served to our family. Since that day, I have been craving it. To increase the flavors, add some pineapple slices to the dish. Moreover, a tsp of basil will also give the rice a delicious taste and an amazing aroma.
You can try it anyway you like. The recipe I shared is amazing, and you will surely love it.
How to cook the shrimp?
You can bake or grill the shrimp according to your ease. If you want to grill it, use the skewers for easy cooking. For baking, always keep the parchment paper at the bottom so the shrimp does not stick to the baking pan.
Jerk Steak & Shrimp Over Yellow Rice Recipe
- Red and green bell peppers 1 cup
- Shrimps 1 lb. Peeled and deveined
- Angus steak in cubes 1 lb.
- Jerk seasoning 2 tsp
- Creole seasoning 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper both 1 tsp
- Chicken broth 1 cup
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Honey ⅛ tsp
- Yellow rice
- In a large pan, add the oil and steak. Cook it for 5 minutes on medium heat and flip to the other side. Let the other side cook for 5 more minutes, and then keep the steak aside.
- Season the shrimp with creole and jerk seasoning. Make sure the shrimps here are perfectly dry; if not, use a paper towel. Blend the shrimp and add them to the same pan with butter.
- Let it cook for 1 min on each side, then remove the shrimps.
- Add the bell peppers now and let it cook for 5 minutes on both sides. Add the steak and shrimp now with chicken broth. Once the broth starts to bubble, add the remaining ingredients and let it cook on low heat to get the best flavors.
- Serve the delicious jerk steak and shrimp over yellow rice.
- Sprinkle some fresh coriander on top and serve it hot and fresh to your family.