What is Crockpot Christmas Crack?
Crockpot Christmas Crack is a delicious 5-ingredient holiday candy made right in the slow cooker. It combines white chocolate, chocolate chips, chocolate bark, peanuts, and sprinkles for an addictive sweet and salty treat. The recipe only takes about an hour of cook time, so it’s perfect for those busy weeks leading up to Christmas. One bite of this peanut brittle-like candy and you’ll see why it’s called “crack”!
How Do You Make Crockpot Christmas Crack?
Making Crockpot Christmas Crack is so easy. You simply layer the chopped white chocolate, chocolate chips, chocolate bark, and peanuts in the crockpot. Cook on low, uncovered, for 1 hour. Then stir until all the chocolate is melted and smooth. Scoop spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Top with festive sprinkles. Let cool completely before breaking into clusters. That’s it!
What Can I Customize in This Recipe?
One of the best things about Crockpot Christmas Crack is how versatile it is. You can customize the nuts, chocolate, and sprinkles to your liking. Try pecans, walnuts, or a combo instead of peanuts. Swap out semi-sweet chips for milk chocolate or dark chocolate. Add crushed peppermint for a candy cane vibe. The options are endless for making this recipe your own!
How Should I Store Crockpot Christmas Candy?
Properly stored, this Christmas crack will keep for up to 1 month. Allow it to cool completely before storing in an airtight container. For maximum freshness, layer sheets of parchment paper between each layer of candy clusters. Keep stored in a cool, dry place or the refrigerator. The cold environment helps keep the chocolate from blooming or getting grainy in texture.
What Are Some Serving Ideas for This Crockpot Treat?
Crockpot Christmas Crack makes a fabulous edible gift or party treat. Scoop into mini cupcake liners for an extra cute presentation. Or package up in decorative tins or bags for friends, neighbors, and coworkers. It’s also great for cookie exchanges or as a sweet addition to a holiday cheeseboard. You can even crush it up and use it as a topping on ice cream, brownies, or cupcakes. However you serve it, this crack is sure to be a hit!
Crockpot Christmas Crack
The holidays just got a whole lot sweeter with this easy crockpot candy recipe. Crockpot Christmas Crack combines salty peanuts with white and milk chocolate for a crispy, cluster treat that lives up to its name.
With only 5 ingredients and 2 hours cook time, this slow cooker crack candy comes together with barely any effort. The rich chocolate and nutty crunch make it perfect for gifting or savoring all season long. Find out just how moreish this Christmas crack can be!
Crockpot Christmas Crack Recipe
- 5 cups salted dry roasted peanuts
- 12 oz. chocolate bark
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 oz. white chocolate almond bark, broken into pieces
- sprinkles, optional
- Spray a crockpot with nonstick cooking spray or line with a crockpot liner for easy cleanup.
- Set out 2 baking sheets and line with silicone baking mats or parchment paper; set aside.
- Add the white chocolate almond bark pieces to the crockpot first.
- Top with the peanuts, chocolate bark, and chocolate chips in layers.
- Place the lid on the crockpot and cook on low heat for 1 hour.
- Remove the lid and stir the mixture thoroughly until the chocolate melts and coats the peanuts.
- If needed, replace lid and continue cooking, stirring every 15 minutes, until smooth.
- Once fully melted, use a cookie scoop or spoon to scoop heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Immediately sprinkle holiday sprinkles over the mounds.
- Let cool completely before breaking into pieces and storing in an airtight container.
Make It Your Own
The beauty of this recipe is how versatile it is! Feel free to customize with your favorite nuts, chocolate varieties, or fun sprinkles. Pecans, walnuts, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, and crushed peppermint would all make tasty additions.
Gift and Serve Suggestions
Crockpot Christmas Crack is perfect for the holidays. Scoop the clusters into mini cupcake liners for gift-giving or set out in dishes at parties. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month for maximum freshness. Bring out your inner child and sprinkle over ice cream sundaes or crumble into brownies and cookies. However you enjoy it, this Christmas crack is sure to delight!