Why’s Everyone Talking About Cinnamon Cake Roll This Holiday Season?
Let’s face it, when it comes to holiday treats, there’s nothing quite like a Cinnamon Cake Roll. It’s like all the best parts of the holidays rolled up into one delicious, cinnamon-spiced package. And that eggnog buttercream? It’s like Christmas in every bite. This cake isn’t just a dessert; it’s the flavor of festive joy and family gatherings wrapped up in a sweet, cinnamon hug.
Can You Really Twist Up the Cinnamon Cake Roll to Your Liking?
Oh, for sure! Whether you’re an eggnog fan or not, this cake’s got you covered. Swap out the eggnog for a splash of vanilla and milk in the frosting and glaze, and bam! You’ve got a Cinnamon Cake Roll that’s just as delightful and cozy, but fits your taste just right. It’s like having your cake and eating it too, literally.
What’s the Trick to Getting That Perfect Cake Roll?
Here’s the scoop: rolling the cake while it’s warm is your golden ticket. It might seem tricky at first, but it’s actually pretty fun once you get the hang of it. And if it cracks a little? Well, that’s just an excuse for extra frosting (not that we needed one, right?). Remember, it’s those little imperfections that make homemade treats like this one so special.
How Does the Cinnamon Cake Roll Fit into Holiday Traditions?
Just picture this: you’re cozied up with your family, maybe after a day of playing in the snow or wrapping gifts, and you slice into this cinnamon-spiced wonder. It’s not just about eating cake; it’s about those laughs, stories, and memories shared over each slice. This Cinnamon Cake Roll isn’t just dessert; it’s part of your holiday story.
Is This Cake Roll a Good Idea for Giving?
Absolutely! Imagine handing over a beautifully wrapped Cinnamon Cake Roll to a friend or neighbor. It’s like saying, “Hey, I made this with love, and I thought of you.” In a world of store-bought gifts, a homemade cake like this one really shows you care. Plus, who wouldn’t love getting a sweet, cinnamon-swirled surprise?
So, there you have it: the Cinnamon Cake Roll. It’s not just another holiday recipe; it’s a ticket to delicious, festive fun. Whether you’re making it for a family dinner, as a thoughtful gift, or just because, this cake is sure to bring a little extra joy to your holiday season. Let’s get rolling!
Cinnamon Cake Roll: A Must-Try Recipe for the Holidays
The holiday season is upon us, and what better way to celebrate than with a deliciously warm and spicy Cinnamon Cake Roll? This dessert is not just a treat for your taste buds; it’s an experience that brings the cozy, festive spirit right into your kitchen. Let’s dive into making this delightful cake, perfect for gatherings, gifts, or a sweet family treat.
For the Cake:
- 3 Eggs
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ¾ Cup Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp Nutmeg
- ⅛ Tsp Cloves
- Powdered Sugar (for rolling)
For the Frosting:
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 5 Cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ Tbsp White Rum or 1 Tsp Rum Extract
- ¼ Cup Eggnog
For the Glaze:
- 1½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsps Eggnog
- Preheat and Prepare: Start by preheating your oven to 350°F. Grab a 10×15 jelly roll pan, line it with foil, give it a good spray with cooking spray, and dust it lightly with flour.
- Mix the Eggs: In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs on high until they’re frothy, which should take about five minutes.
- Add Sugar, Oil, and Vanilla: Continue beating the mixture as you gradually add in the sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Combine Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Gently fold this into your wet mixture. Remember, don’t overmix!
- Bake the Cake: Pour your batter into the prepared pan and gently spread it out evenly. Pop it into the oven for about 9 minutes.
- Rolling the Cake: While it’s baking, lay out a clean towel and sprinkle it generously with powdered sugar. Once the cake is done, immediately flip it onto the towel, peel off the foil, and roll it up in the towel. Let it cool for at least an hour, but no more than four.
- Make the Frosting: While the cake is cooling, it’s time to make the frosting. Beat the butter until it’s fluffy, then gradually add the powdered sugar, followed by the rum (or extract) and eggnog.
- Frost, Roll, and Glaze: Once cooled, unroll the cake, spread the frosting evenly, then carefully roll it back up. For the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar and eggnog, and drizzle it over the cake. Add a sprinkle of ground cinnamon for that final festive touch.
- Serve and Enjoy: Allow the glaze to set before slicing. Serve this heavenly Cinnamon Cake Roll and watch it become the star of your holiday table.
This Cinnamon Cake Roll, with its delightful blend of spices and creamy frosting, is sure to be a hit at any holiday gathering. Whether you’re an experienced baker or trying this for the first time, the process is straightforward and the results are spectacular. Happy baking!