Potato puffs are a delicious and easy-to-make snack. They are a great way to use up left over mashed potatoes and can be served as a side dish or a snack.
Potato puffs are made by combining mashed potatoes, egg and a small amount of flour. This mixture is then dropped into hot oil and fried until golden and crispy on the outside. The result is a fluffy, hot potato puff that is light and airy on the inside.
These puffs are great served on their own or with a variety of toppings. Some popular toppings include ketchup, sour cream, chives, cheese and bacon bits. They can also be served with a variety of dips such as ranch or honey mustard.
When making potato puffs, it is important to make sure that the mashed potatoes are thick enough so that the puffs hold their shape when fried. If the potatoes are too thin, they may not puff up correctly. It is also important to make sure that the oil is hot enough so that the puffs cook quickly and evenly.
Potato puffs are a great way to use up left-over mashed potatoes and can be served as a side dish or snack. They are easy to make and can be topped with a variety of ingredients to suit everyone’s tastes. Plus, they are a delicious and fun way to enjoy potatoes!
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, mash the boiled potatoes and add the grated cheese, eggs, butter, salt and pepper. Mix everything until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the potato mixture and mix until combined.
- Grease a baking sheet with butter or oil and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, forming small puffs.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve.