Hey, Have You Heard About Banana Santa Skewers?
Okay, imagine this: It’s the holiday season, and you’re on the hunt for something fun, a bit healthy (but not too much – it’s the holidays, after all!), and super easy to whip up. That’s where Banana Santa Skewers come in! They’re these adorable, Santa-shaped treats that are as yummy as they are cute.
So, How Do I Whip Up These Festive Treats?
Picture this: You’re in your kitchen, holiday tunes playing, and you’re assembling these little Santas. You’ve got bananas, strawberries, marshmallows, and some chocolate chips – that’s it! It’s all about slicing, dicing, and sticking them on skewers. The best part? It’s so easy, you’ll be done before your favorite holiday song ends.
“Healthy” and “Holiday Treat” in the Same Sentence?
You bet! I mean, we’ve got bananas and strawberries taking center stage here. It’s a nice break from all the cookies and cakes (not that there’s anything wrong with those!). Plus, seeing fruit turned into little Santas? Total crowd-pleaser.
Can I Get the Kiddos Involved?
Absolutely! This is one of those fun, no-fuss recipes where kids can get their hands a little messy and create their own edible Santas. It’s like a craft project and cooking lesson rolled into one – with a delicious payoff!
Perfect Occasions for Santa Skewers?
Where do I even start? Class parties, family get-togethers, or just as a fun snack to get into the holiday spirit. They’re a hit wherever they go and are as fun to show off as they are to eat.
Making These Skewers Look Extra Snazzy?
Think of them as the stars of your holiday table. Lay them out on a festive platter, maybe with some greenery or holiday-themed napkins. Let your inner decorator loose – the more festive, the better!
Wrapping It Up:
So, there you have it – Banana Santa Skewers, your new holiday favorite. They’re easy, they’re fun, and they’re just the right amount of healthy. Whip these up, and you’ll be the talk of the holiday party circuit. Happy skewering!
Banana Santa Skewers Recipe
- Bananas: 6, halved and peeled
- Strawberries: 6, tops sliced off
- Large Marshmallows: 4, cut into thirds
- Mini Marshmallows: 12
- Mini Chocolate Chips: 24, for eyes
- Chocolate Chips: 2 tablespoons, melted
- Red M&M’s: 12, for the nose
- Preparation: Start by peeling and halving your bananas. Next, prepare your strawberries by slicing off the tops, and cut your large marshmallows into thirds.
- Assembling the Skewers: Place each banana half onto a stick. Top each banana with a piece of marshmallow, followed by a strawberry.
- Creating Santa’s Face: Add a mini marshmallow on top of each strawberry. For Santa’s eyes, press two mini chocolate chips into each banana. To form the nose, apply a small dot of melted chocolate below the eyes and gently press an M&M into it.
- Finishing Touches: Allow the chocolate to set, ensuring that the M&M’s stay in place.
These Banana Santa Skewers are not only adorable but also a healthier alternative to typical holiday sweets. Their delightful appearance and simple preparation make them a perfect addition to any holiday table or a fun snack for children. Enjoy creating and indulging in these festive treats that are as fun to make as they are to eat!