Mayonnaise and Parmesan Chicken is a classic dish that has been a favorite among families and food enthusiasts for years. It is a simple yet delicious recipe that can be enjoyed as a main course or as a hearty addition to any salad. The dish is made by marinating chicken breasts in a mixture of mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, and seasonings, then baking or grilling until cooked through. The result is a juicy and flavorful chicken that is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
One of the best things about this recipe is how easy it is to make. You only need a few basic ingredients, and the marinade can be prepared in a matter of minutes. The chicken can then be cooked in the oven or on the grill, making it a versatile dish that can be enjoyed year-round.
The mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese create a delicious coating for the chicken that is both creamy and savory. The mayonnaise helps to keep the chicken moist and tender, while the Parmesan cheese adds a nutty and salty flavor. Additionally, the seasoning such as garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper gives an extra depth of flavor to the dish.
Overall, Mayonnaise and Parmesan Chicken is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. It’s a perfect dish to feed a crowd or to make a quick weeknight dinner. It’s a recipe that can be modified as per your taste and preference, making it a versatile dish that can be enjoyed in many different ways.
Mayonnaise and Parmesan Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup mayonnaise for a healthier option, use plain Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) or preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, grated Parmesan cheese, seasoning salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large resealable bag or in a shallow dish. Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the chicken, making sure that each piece is fully coated. Seal the bag or cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours, to allow the chicken to marinate.
- If baking, place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C).
- If grilling, place the chicken on the grill and cook for about 6-8 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the oven or grill and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serve hot and enjoy!