As I sit here in my kitchen, I am overcome with nostalgia. I’m making my favorite dish – cheesy beef and Doritos casserole. Every time I make this, I’m taken back to my childhood days and the warmth and comfort of home.
The cheesy beef and Doritos casserole has been a favorite of mine since I was a little girl. My mom would make it for us on special occasions and I would always look forward to it. The casserole is always filled with ground beef, onion, cheese, and Doritos. It’s always so cheesy and flavorful that it’s hard to resist.
As I begin my process of making the casserole, I start by browning the ground beef. I add in the onions and cook them until they are nice and soft. Once the beef and onions are cooked, I add the cheese and mix it all together. Then, I layer the Doritos in a casserole dish and spread the beef and cheese mixture on top. I then top it off with some more cheese and place it in the oven.
The smell of the casserole as it cooks is heavenly. I love the aroma of the beef and cheese as it melts together. As it bakes, the cheese becomes bubbly and golden brown and the Doritos become crispy.
When it’s done, I take it out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. After it cools, I cut it into squares and serve it. It’s always so delicious that it’s hard to resist eating it all at once.
The cheesy beef and Doritos casserole is always a hit with my family and friends. Everyone loves it and it’s always a crowd pleaser. I love making this casserole because it always brings back such happy memories. It’s a dish that will always be close to my heart.
Cheesy Beef and Doritos Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 10 ounce can Rotel Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 10 1/2 ounce cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 13 -16 ounce bag plain Doritos
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef and onions together until the beef is browned and cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, water, and Rotel Tomatoes.
- Spread half of the Doritos in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Layer the ground beef and onion mixture over the Doritos.
- Pour the soup mixture over the beef and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Top with the remaining Doritos.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot.