Hello everyone! Today I’m here to talk about one of my favorite meals, 7-Up Biscuits. This is a classic Southern dish that’s been around for generations, and it’s one of the most delicious things you can make.
7-Up Biscuits are made with self-rising flour, butter, and 7-Up soda. The soda gives the biscuits a light and fluffy texture, and it also adds a subtle sweetness that pairs perfectly with the buttery flavor of the biscuits. The biscuits are usually served as a side dish, but they can also be used as a base for other dishes like chicken pot pie or breakfast casseroles.
To make 7-Up Biscuits, you’ll need self-rising flour, butter, and 7-Up soda. Start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together the self-rising flour and butter until it forms a crumbly texture. Then, add in the 7-Up soda and mix until it forms a soft dough.
Next, turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it for a few minutes. Once the dough is smooth, roll it out to about 1/2-inch thick. Using a biscuit cutter or a glass, cut out the biscuits and place them on a greased baking sheet. Bake the biscuits for 12-15 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
Once the biscuits are done baking, let them cool for a few minutes before serving. Serve the biscuits with butter, honey, or your favorite jam. They’re also delicious served with gravy or topped with cheese.
7-Up Biscuits are a classic Southern dish that’s been around for generations. They’re light, fluffy, and full of flavor. They’re perfect for a side dish or as a base for other dishes. If you’ve never tried 7-Up Biscuits, I highly recommend giving them a try. You won’t be disappointed!
I hope you enjoyed learning about 7-Up Biscuits. Until next time, happy cooking!
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add melted butter and 7-Up and mix until just combined.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead a few times.
- Roll dough out to 1/2-inch thickness and cut into desired shapes.
- Place biscuits on a greased baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- You can use any type of soda for this recipe, but 7-Up gives the biscuits a light and fluffy texture.
- You can also add herbs or spices to the biscuit dough for extra flavor.