If you’re looking for a delicious and comforting dish that’s sure to warm you up inside, then you should definitely try making Hearty Crockpot Cowboy Soup. This soup is ideal for preparing in advance or after a long and tiring day when cooking dinner seems like an impossible task. While it does require browning the beef and peeling the potatoes, it’s still easy to prepare and only requires one skillet. What’s more, it can be stored in the refrigerator and enjoyed as leftovers for several days, making it a great option for lunch or dinner. By taking a little extra time to make this soup, you’ll be rewarded with a satisfying and delicious meal that’s perfect for any time of day.
My children really enjoy having a bowl of “cowboy” soup! They find the name appealing and exciting, unlike a regular bean, potato, and beef stew. Hearty Crockpot Cowboy Soup is a perfect meal for packing in a thermos for lunch. It goes well with warm croissants or cornbread and can be topped with some shredded cheese and sour cream for extra flavor.
To add an extra burst of flavor to the recipe, consider adding mild chili peppers or green and red peppers. The recipe can be easily customized to suit your taste preferences, ensuring that it’s a dish you’ll want to make time and time again.
Hearty Crockpot Cowboy Soup
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 cans of mixed vegetables with their liquid
- 1 can of sweet corn with its liquid
- 1 can of condensed tomato soup
- 1 can of petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can of cut green beans with their liquid
- a pinch of salt
- a dash of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Cut the potatoes into small cubes after peeling them.
- Brown the ground beef and drain any excess fat.
- Place the beef and potatoes into a large slow cooker.
- Add all of the canned vegetables, the can of tomato soup, and the diced tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- To add a unique flavor to this soup, add a secret ingredient- sugar, as my grandma Hazel used to do!
- Mix everything together thoroughly and cook on low heat in the slow cooker for 2-3 hours.