I have always been a fan of cream cheese, especially in sweet treats like cheesecake. So, when I stumbled upon this recipe, I knew I had to give it a try.
To start, I gathered all of the ingredients that I needed and preheated my oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. I then took one can of crescent roll dough and pressed it into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish that I had greased.
Next, I mixed together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract in a medium-sized mixing bowl until the mixture was smooth and creamy. I then spread this mixture over the crescent roll layer in the dish.
After that, I opened the second can of crescent roll dough and placed it on top of the cream cheese mixture, without pressing down. Then, I poured melted margarine over the entire dish. To finish it off, I mixed together some more sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkled it on top.
I put the dish in the preheated oven and baked it for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top was golden and crisp. Once it was done, I let it cool and then cut it into 24 squares.
The result was simply amazing! The cream cheese mixture was rich and creamy, and the crescent rolls were flaky and buttery. The addition of the cinnamon sugar on top added a touch of sweetness and a bit of warmth.
These Cream Cheese Squares are perfect for any occasion, whether it be a family gathering, a potluck, or just a simple dessert after dinner. They are easy to make, and they are sure to impress your guests.
In conclusion, I highly recommend giving this recipe a try. It is a simple and delicious treat that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Cream Cheese Squares
- 2 cans of refrigerated crescent roll dough each can is 8 ounces
- 2 packages of cream cheese 8 ounces each, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/4 cups of sugar separated
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of melted margarine
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Take one can of crescent roll dough and spread it evenly on the bottom of the prepared dish. Keep the other can aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, blend cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, and vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Then, spread this mixture over the crescent roll layer in the dish.
- Open the second can of crescent roll dough and place it on top of the cream cheese mixture, without pressing down.
- Pour melted margarine over the entire dish. In a separate small bowl, mix together the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle this mixture on top of the dish.
- Bake the dish in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top is golden and crispy. Once it has cooled, cut it into 24 squares.