This sandwich is a delicious and satisfying meal that combines juicy and tender shaved steak with melted cheese, crisp bell peppers, and sweet onions, all nestled between two slices of garlic cheese toast.
I first discovered this recipe while searching for something new to make for lunch. I had some leftover steak from the night before and was looking for a way to use it up. I stumbled upon this recipe and was immediately intrigued by the combination of flavors. I had never thought to add bell peppers and onions to a steak sandwich before, but I was willing to give it a try.
When I started preparing the ingredients, I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the recipe was to follow. I baked the Texas Toast Garlic Cheese Bread according to the package instructions and let it cool. I then cooked the bell peppers and onions in a skillet with some olive oil until they were tender. I cooked the shaved steak until it was browned, then set it aside.
Next, I topped three slices of the garlic cheese toast with a slice of provolone cheese each. I added a portion of the cooked steak, bell peppers, and onions on top of the cheese, and covered each sandwich with a slice of mozzarella cheese and another slice of garlic cheese toast.
Finally, I melted some butter in a separate skillet over medium heat and placed the sandwiches into the skillet. I cooked the sandwiches for several minutes on both sides until the bread was toasted and the cheese had melted.
When I finally took the sandwiches out of the skillet, the aroma that filled my kitchen was simply amazing. The cheese had melted and was now bubbly and golden brown. The steak was juicy and succulent, with a delicious blend of flavors that was both comforting and satisfying. The garlic cheese toast added a delicious crunch and the flavor of garlic, while the bell peppers and onions added a fresh and crisp contrast to the dish.
I have to say, this Steak and Cheese Garlic Toast recipe has quickly become one of my favorite lunchtime meals. It’s easy to make, delicious to eat, and perfect for a quick and satisfying meal. So if you’re looking for a new and exciting recipe to try, I highly recommend giving this Steak and Cheese Garlic Toast a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Thank you for joining me today, and until next time, happy cooking!
Steak and Cheese Garlic Toast
- 6 slices of frozen garlic cheese Texas toast bread
- 1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 12 ounces of thinly shaved cheesesteak meat
- 3 pieces of provolone cheese
- 3 pieces of mozzarella cheese
- Seasoning of salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking oil olive oil and butter as needed
- Prepare the garlic cheese bread by following the instructions on the packaging, and let it cool.
- In a pan, heat some olive oil over medium heat and cook the bell peppers and onions until they are tender. Once done, remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook the shaved cheesesteak meat in a pan until it is browned, then set aside.
- Place one slice of provolone cheese on three pieces of the cooled garlic cheese bread.
- Add the cooked cheesesteak meat, onions, and bell peppers on top of the cheese.
- Cover each sandwich with a slice of mozzarella cheese and another piece of garlic cheese bread.
- In a separate pan, melt some butter over medium heat.
- Place the sandwiches into the pan and cook for several minutes on both sides until the bread is toasted and the cheese has melted.