Quick and easy recipe that I love to make for dinner. It’s a throw together Mexican casserole that’s both delicious and filling.
The ingredients for this dish are simple and can be found at any grocery store. I like to use ground beef as the base and then add in some cooked egg noodles, sweet corn, mild chunky salsa, sliced black olives, kidney beans, taco sauce, taco seasoning, and tomato sauce. All of these ingredients come together to create a delicious Mexican-inspired casserole that’s perfect for a weeknight dinner.
I start by preheating my oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. While the oven is heating up, I brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. I then drain the beef and set it aside.
Next, I boil the egg noodles according to the instructions on the package. Once they’re cooked, I drain them and add them to the ground beef in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
To the dish, I add in the corn, salsa, olives, kidney beans, taco sauce, taco seasoning, and tomato sauce. I mix everything together until it’s well combined.
Once everything is mixed together, I transfer the dish to the oven and bake it for 30 minutes or until it’s fully cooked. The aroma of the casserole cooking in the oven is amazing and it makes my mouth water.
When the casserole is done cooking, I take it out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. I then serve it up and dig in! The flavors of the beef, salsa, and seasonings all come together perfectly, and the noodles and corn add a nice texture to the dish. The black olives add a touch of saltiness and the kidney beans add a little bit of creaminess.
This casserole is such a crowd-pleaser and it’s always a hit with my family and friends. It’s also a great dish to make for a potluck or a gathering. It’s easy to make and it’s always a hit. Plus, it’s so easy to customize. You can add in extra salsa, more seasoning, or even some diced green chilies if you like it a little spicier.
In conclusion, I hope you guys try this throw together Mexican casserole. It’s a quick and easy recipe that’s perfect for a busy weeknight and it’s always a hit. It’s also a great dish to make for a potluck or a gathering. If you give it a try, let me know how it turns out in the comments below.
Throw Together Mexican Casserole
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 3 and 1/2 cups of boiled egg noodles
- A 15-ounce can of corn kernels drained
- 1 cup of mild salsa with chunks
- 1/4 cup of sliced black olives
- A 15 1/4-ounce can of kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup of taco sauce
- A 1 1/4-ounce package of taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a pan over medium heat, brown the ground beef evenly. Afterwards, drain it.
- Boil the egg noodles as per the instructions on the package.
- In a 9×13-inch baking dish, mix the beef, egg noodles, corn, salsa, olives, beans, taco sauce, seasoning, and tomato sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until fully cooked.