It’s a comfort food that brings back so many memories from my childhood and I just can’t get enough of it.
Growing up, my mom used to make this dish for special occasions and it was always a hit among family and friends. I remember how the kitchen used to fill up with the irresistible aroma of the chicken as it baked in the oven. I used to stand by the oven, eagerly waiting for it to be done so I could take a bite.
Years later, when I moved out and started cooking for myself, I wanted to recreate that same dish that I loved so much. I started experimenting with different recipes and ingredients, trying to get it just right. It took me a while, but I finally found the perfect combination of spices and seasonings that gave the chicken that delicious, crispy exterior and juicy interior.
Making Baked Fried Chicken is a fun activity for me and I love to invite my friends over to share it with them. It’s always a hit and we always end up having a great time. The best part about this dish is that it’s so easy to make, yet it always impresses people. All you need is some chicken, a few pantry staples, and an oven.
One of my favorite things about Baked Fried Chicken is that it’s a versatile dish. You can serve it with so many different sides and it goes well with just about anything. I like to serve it with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a simple green salad. It’s also great for picnics, barbecues, or just a casual night in with friends.
Another thing I love about Baked Fried Chicken is that it’s a healthier alternative to traditional fried chicken. By baking it in the oven, you eliminate the need for all that oil and grease, making it a healthier option. Plus, it’s still just as delicious as the traditional version.
In conclusion, Baked Fried Chicken will always have a special place in my heart. It’s a dish that brings back so many happy memories and it’s something that I will continue to make for years to come. I hope that this personal story has inspired you to try making this delicious dish for yourself. Let me know in the comments if you do, and I would love to hear about your experience.
Until next time, stay happy and keep cooking!
Baked Fried Chicken
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 tbsp butter
- Chopped parsley optional garnish
- Soak the chicken tenders in buttermilk for a minimum of 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and place an empty sheet pan in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In a large plate, mix the flour, cornmeal, panko breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
- Remove each chicken tender from the buttermilk mixture and coat evenly with the flour mixture. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and add the butter. Wait 2-3 minutes until the butter is melted and spread it evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Place the coated chicken tenders in a single layer on the melted butter. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for 8 more minutes. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until the tops are crispy.
- Serve hot and sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired.