Let me tell you what I absolutely adore about salsa: there are just so many ways to use it in recipes, and it goes way beyond simply serving it with chips! This versatile little gem can transform any dish, and it was the perfect base for a creamy, cheesy sauce in this scrumptious casserole.
The best part? There are endless options to choose from – mild to hot, and an array of flavors that let you get as creative as you want. So go ahead, experiment with your favorite salsa and see what culinary magic you can create! Trust me, your taste buds will thank you.
You know what I love about this recipe? Casseroles are always a hit with a crowd, and this one is no exception. Plus, it’s so easy to prepare ahead of time if you need to! I started by cooking an onion and lean ground beef in a pan with a little taco seasoning until it was mostly cooked through. Then I set that aside and got started on the super flavorful sauce, which is made with Pace® Picante salsa and cream cheese. Let me tell you, the salsa adds just the right amount of kick to this dish – it’s the perfect balance of flavors! So, next time you’re looking for a delicious and easy meal to please a crowd, give this casserole a try! You won’t be disappointed.
Alright, now here’s the easy part: just mix together your cooked egg noodles, beef, and that yummy sauce. Stir in a handful of shredded cheddar, and then pour it all into a casserole dish. Top it off with a little more cheese, and bake it until it’s golden and bubbly. Voilà! You’ve got yourself a fantastic main dish that’s perfect for your next football party, or even just a weeknight dinner. Trust me, my family loved it so much, I’ll be making this one on repeat! Enjoy!
Tex-Mex Beef & Noodle Casserole
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Cook the egg noodles in a large pot for about 4-5 minutes, then drain and set them aside.
- In a sauté pan over medium-low heat, add the olive oil. Once it’s heated, toss in the onions and cook until they’re softened.
- Add the beef and taco seasoning to the pan, breaking up the meat with a spoon as it cooks. Continue cooking until it’s mostly done.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the salsa and cream cheese to create the sauce.
- Grab the large pot you used for the noodles, and combine the noodles, beef, and sauce, along with 1½ cups of the shredded cheddar.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish, and sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of cheddar over the top.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until the top turns a light golden color.