Y’all, I’ve Gotta Tell You About This Cake
I don’t know about you, but there’s nothing I love more than finding an easy dessert recipe to impress friends and family. Well let me tell you – I just made this Crack Cake and it’s officially my new favorite!
I stumbled upon the recipe online the other day and it just sounded too good not to try. A moist yellow cake topped with a buttery glaze that soaks right in? Sign me up. Best of all, it uses a boxed cake mix so you know it’s gonna be fast and simple.
When I pulled the cake out of the oven, I knew it was a winner. That glaze was bubbling away and made the whole kitchen smell amazing. But the real test is always the first bite, right? Oh man, it did not disappoint. The cake was just the right amount of tender without being dry. And those cracks? Full of the most delicious buttery, sugary goodness you ever did taste.
I’m telling y’all, this is the easiest impress-your-friends recipe. It comes together in no time but they’ll be raving about how you slaved away all day in the kitchen. No one needs to know it started with a box! The wine and cinnamon in the batter give it way more flavor than a basic yellow cake too.
So if you’re looking for a showstopper dessert to bring to potlucks or family dinners, just make a batch of Crack Cake. It’s moist without being soggy, sweet without being too rich. Honestly it might be my new favorite treat period. You’ll understand once you try it for yourself!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Baking Time: 45 minutes
Yield: Serves 8
Calories per Serving: 538 kcal
Ingredients You’ll Need
For the Cake:
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 packet (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
For the Butter Glaze:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Preheat and Prep: Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C). Generously grease a 10-inch bundt pan; set aside.
- Mix the Batter: In a spacious mixing bowl, combine the yellow cake mix, instant vanilla pudding mix, eggs, cinnamon, white and brown sugars, water, vegetable oil, and white wine. Stir until just blended—no need to overmix!
- Bake the Cake: Carefully pour the batter into your prepped bundt pan. Slide it into the oven and let it bake for about 45 minutes. To check for doneness, insert a butter knife into the cake; it should come out clean.
- Glaze Time: The moment your cake is out of the oven, it’s time to make the glaze. In a saucepan, melt the unsalted butter, add the sugar and white wine. Cook this mixture over medium-high heat for around 4-5 minutes, or until the sugar fully dissolves.
- Infuse the Cake: Use a fork to poke holes all over the cake’s surface. Drizzle the freshly made butter glaze all over, letting it seep into those holes.
- Unmold and Serve: Gently loosen the cake’s edges and center using a knife. Invert the cake onto a large serving plate. Best enjoyed warm!
- For maximum flavor, pour the butter glaze over the cake while it’s still piping hot.
- Avoid overbaking; it could make your cake dry.
- Elevate your dessert by serving it with fresh fruits and a dollop of whipped cream.
- Store any remaining slices in an airtight container at room temperature.
FOR PRINTABLE RECIPE :https://lifewithjanet.com/cooking-print/11062