Mmm those Honey Garlic Pork Chops look absolutely delicious! I’ve been craving some pork lately and these seem like the perfect warm, cozy meal. The best part is how easy the recipe claims to be – no marinating needed, just a quick sear and simmer. I love recipes like that.
And those crispy, caramelized edges the recipe mentions have me drooling already. I’m a total sucker for any kind of crispy bits. It sounds like finishing under the broiler is key to achieving that texture. I can just picture how beautifully browned and glazed those chops would get. No wonder this recipe is such a reader favorite!
I appreciate that both bone-in and boneless pork chops can be used. As much as I love the flavor and presentation of bone-in, sometimes boneless is just more convenient. Nice to have the flexibility. Seasoning right before cooking is smart advice too. That way the seasoning sticks and you get maximum flavor without drying out the meat.
The quick sauce preparation is also a huge perk. Just butter, honey, garlic and soy sauce – pantry staples I always have on hand. How can you go wrong with those classic East-Asian flavors? And I bet that sauce somehow tastes even better the next day after all those flavors have had time to meld.
Overall this recipe sounds incredibly easy and satisfying. Sometimes that’s all you need – simple ingredients prepared in a way that really highlights their flavors. These Honey Garlic Pork Chops look like a new weeknight favorite in my house! Thanks for sharing – I can’t wait to give them a try.
Honey Garlic Pork Chops: A Quick & Flavorful Feast
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Servings: 4 people
Ingredients You’ll Need
For the Pork Chops:
- 4 pork chops (bone-in or boneless)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the Honey Garlic Sauce:
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water or chicken broth
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar (alternatively, apple cider vinegar or any white vinegar)
- Preheat and Season: Turn on your oven’s broiler or preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Season the pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Searing the Chops: In a skillet or pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sear the pork chops on both sides until they are golden brown and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove the chops and set them aside on a plate.
- Sauce Prep: Lower the heat to medium. In the same skillet, melt the butter, making sure to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom. Add minced garlic and sauté until aromatic, roughly 30 seconds.
- Sauce Cooking: Stir in the honey, water (or chicken broth), and vinegar. Turn up the heat to medium-high and cook the sauce until it thickens a bit, stirring occasionally. This should take around 3-4 minutes.
- Final Touch: Place the pork chops back into the skillet and generously baste them with the sauce. Broil or grill for an additional 1-2 minutes to slightly char the edges.
- Garnish and Serve: Sprinkle some parsley for garnish and serve your pork chops over vegetables, rice, pasta, or alongside a fresh salad.
For Oven-Baked Pork Chops:
- Preheat your oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Sear the seasoned chops in an oven-safe pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes per side.
- Follow step 3 to prepare the sauce.
- Baste the chops with the sauce and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until they reach your preferred level of doneness.
- Broil for an additional 2 minutes to achieve caramelized edges.
Indulge in these mouthwatering Honey Garlic Pork Chops, featuring a four-ingredient sauce so delectable you’ll want to drizzle it on everything. It’s the perfect quick and satisfying meal for any day of the week!