If you’re a brownie aficionado yearning for a dessert that’s a cut above the rest, you’re in for a treat. Introducing the Brownie Bomb Bars—a fusion of gooey brownies, creamy marshmallow, and a crispy, chocolatey topping. Ideal for celebratory gatherings, or when you’re simply craving an extraordinary indulgence, this recipe is sure to tickle your taste buds.
Expert Tips and Variations
- For an even richer flavor, try using dark chocolate chips instead of the standard semi-sweet variety.
- If you prefer a more health-conscious dessert, you can swap out some ingredients. Use almond butter in lieu of peanut butter, or opt for a gluten-free brownie mix.
- To elevate your dessert, consider adding a dash of sea salt over the final layer before setting it to chill.
What to Pair With Your Brownie Bomb Bars
These delightful bars are a standalone treat but can also be elevated when served with vanilla ice cream or a glass of cold milk. If you’re feeling adventurous, try it with a scoop of caramel or coffee-flavored gelato.
Hello, all you dessert lovers out there! Today, I’m whipping up an irresistible treat—Brownie Bomb Bars. I have a social gathering lined up with some fabulous women, and it’s someone’s birthday week. What better way to celebrate than with an extraordinary dessert?
First off, let’s talk about the brownie base. I’m using a boxed mix but with a slight twist—I’m cutting back on the oil for a firmer texture. Once you’ve baked your brownies, it’s imperative to let them cool completely. Trust me, a cooled base makes spreading the subsequent layers a piece of cake.
Now comes the luscious marshmallow cream layer. Hold your horses; the recipe details are coming up at the end! Gently spread the cream over the cooled brownies. The outcome? Nothing short of delicious.
The pièce de résistance is the final layer—a heavenly amalgam of melted chocolate chips and peanut butter. Oh, and let’s not forget the Rice Krispies for that extra crunch. Melt the chocolate and peanut butter in the microwave, stirring every minute to avoid scorching. Then, mix in three cups of Rice Krispies.
With our layers impeccably assembled, it’s chilling time! A few hours in the fridge and voila, your Brownie Bomb Bars are ready to be devoured. These bars offer not just the warmth of classic brownies but also an elevated taste and texture, akin to your favorite clif bars or luna bars.
The moment of truth? A taste test, of course! I’ve already got rave reviews from my in-house critic, Paul, and I can’t wait to share these with my friends tomorrow. Trust me, one bite of these beauties, and you’ll understand why they’re a hit.
So, why settle for plain brownies when you can delight in the extraordinary? Check out the full recipe at the end of this article, and don’t forget to give it a thumbs up. Stick around; you never know what delectable creation I’ll roll out next.
Brownie Bomb Bars
- 9×13-inch baking pan
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Mixing spoons
- Aluminum foil or parchment paper
- Cooking spray
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix
- Eggs oil, and water as per brownie mix instructions (reduce oil by 20%)
- 1 jar 7 oz. marshmallow cream
- Chocolate-Peanut Butter Crunch Layer
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- Preheat & Prep: Preheat your oven according to the brownie mix instructions. Line a 9×13-inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking oil.
- Brownie Base: Prepare the brownie batter as per the box instructions, but reduce the amount of oil by 20%. Pour into the prepared pan and bake. Once done, allow the brownies to cool completely.
- Marshmallow Magic: Gently spread the jar of marshmallow cream evenly over the cooled brownies.
- Chocolate-Peanut Butter Bliss: In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and peanut butter. Melt in the microwave in one-minute increments, stirring after each minute until smooth.
- Crunch Time: Mix in the Rice Krispies into the melted chocolate-peanut butter mixture until well incorporated.
- Final Assembly: Evenly spread the chocolate-peanut butter crunch layer over the marshmallow layer. Use a spatula to smooth out the surface.
- Chill: Place the assembled dessert in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to set.
- Slice & Serve: After chilling, remove from the fridge and cut into bars. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Serve alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or enjoy them as is for a luxurious treat that will have you coming back for seconds, or thirds!
- For a richer flavor profile, consider using dark chocolate chips or adding a dash of sea salt on the final layer before chilling.
- Health-conscious? Opt for almond butter and a gluten-free brownie mix.