I’m SO thrilled that this recipe for Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles was a huge hit in my house, coming off the tails of those inedible macaroons. These cookies marry all the best parts of a snickerdoodle – the butter! the sugar! – with the warm, wintery taste of a homemade pumpkin pie. I’ve tried a few other recipes, but this one is my absolute favorite. These are cookies you’ll want to dip in your mug of chai latte.
- 1 cup unsalted softened butter (2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
For the Rolling Sugar:
- 4 tbsp turbinado sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, egg, and pumpkin in another large bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture until thoroughly incorporated.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into 3/4″ balls and then roll in the sugar mixture.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet 8 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Do not remove from the baking sheet until thoroughly cooled.
Love your recipes. You must be a phenomenal cook and baker. Your family is very fortunate.