I have never had New York Cheesecake before. I always eat a chocolate mousse or chocolate cake and nothing else. When I came across this recipe for New York Cheesecake I wanted to give it a try as I had all ingredients on hand. It was also an easy way to use all the cream cheese I had. I so did the right thing. Seriously.. this is one yummy dessert. I am regretting for not having tried cheesecake in the past. It is so rich and creamy, sweet yet slightly sour. Yummy. I had very few blueberries at home and I made a sauce using them. My husband loved the sauce the most. next time I bake this I will add a thicker crust as both I and my husband loved the crust too. I prefer these individual cheesecakes to making one large cheesecake. Next time I will also make a batch of bite sized cheesecake using my mini muffin pan. I will update when I make them.
Digestive biscuits – 50 gms crushed
Sugar – 1/2 Tablespoon
Butter – 2-2.5 Tablespoons
Cream cheese – 275 gms (I used 15 kiri cheese squares)
Sugar – 1/3 cup, 65 gms
Salt a very small pinch
Egg – 1 at room temperature
Vanilla extract- 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon zest – 1/4 teaspoon
Sour cream – 1/4 cup (I used yogurt)
Blueberries- 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1 1/2 Tablespoon
Cornflour – 3/4 teaspoon
Cinnamon powder very small pinch (optional)
Salt very small pinch
Water – 2 Tablespoons
Vanilla extract a drop (optional)
Lemon zest a small pinch (optional)
Lemon juice – 1/4 teaspoon or as per taste
- Crush the digestive biscuits to make a coarse powder.
- Add sugar and mix both till combined.
- Melt butter and add it to the crushed biscuits and mix with a spoon.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease silicone baking moulds with butter.
- Place equal amounts of the crushed biscuits crust in the base and level it with your fingers.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate till filling is ready.
- Preheat oven to 150C
- In a mixing bowl add the cream cheese and beat it till it turns creamy and smooth. I used stand mixer.
- Add sugar and salt and mix.
- Add the egg and mix till it is incorporated. Do not over mix or beat on high speed as that will add too much air.
- Add vanilla extract, lemon zest and yogurt and beat til it is incorporated.
- Add the filling on top of the crust.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or till it turns firm. The center should wobble a little.
- Remove from oven and let it cool completely.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 4-5 hours or longer. Covered and refrigerated cheesecakes stay good for several days.
- In a saucepan add sugar, cornflour, water, salt and cinnamon if using.
- Mix till sugar dissolves and it turns smooth.
- Add washed blueberries and mix over low heat.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes till the sauce thickens. Some blueberries will break.
- Switch off flame. Add vanilla extract and lemon zest if using. Add lemon juice and mix.
- Let it cool completely and refrigerate in airtight container. It stays good for a week.
- To serve remove the cheesecake from refrigerator, peel paper liner or remove from mould and place on serving plate.
- Add some blueberry sauce on top.
- You can also serve with fresh berries and drizzle some chocolate sauce.
Enjoy New York Cheesecake with Blueberry SauceYou can also follow me on Pinterest or join my group on Facebook