I have a bit of a cherry cheesecake problem right now. Which is unfortunate for you if you don’t really like cherries, Or cheesecake. Because this is my second cherry cheesecake recipe in a row. But listen! I’m pregnant. (Right? Aren’t I allowed to use that excuse for pretty much everything?)… and cherry cheesecake continues to call my name in various forms. I toyed with the idea of adding green food coloring to the cheesecake so that it’d be all red and green and festive… but I was bringing this to a dog’s 21st birthday party, (totally normal, I know)…. So I opted not. (But you should do it and let me know how it turns out)
Anyhoo….I’ve decided that every good dessert should come in dip form. I’ve also decided that this might be my favorite cheesecake recipe of them ALL. (And I’ve tried a lot… cheesecake pops, cupcakes, strawberries, brownies, you name it.)
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- 1¾ cup whole milk*
- 3.4 oz. instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 1 large can cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, mix together the whipped cream, sugar, and vanilla until well combined. Gently stir in the marshmallows and set side.
- In another large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the cream cheese and brown sugar until well combined. Having the cream cheese at room temperature helps it blend together more smoothly.
- Slowly add the milk to the cream cheese mixture, continuing to mix as you do so. Once combined, mix in the pudding mix and stir for 2 minutes, then let it sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Combine the two mixtures into a single bowl and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours.
- Top with cherry pie filling and serve with graham crackers. Watch it disappear
I didn’t have whole milk, I only had 1%. So I used 1 cup of 1% milk and the other ¾ of sour cream- it was fabulous
Love your recipes but I have a hard time getting to them for the ads
I have tried many times to get to the recipes for any one to make and it won`t get me to it like it freezes and won`t go any farther, please help