Well, other than the fact that I serve Mint on Thanksgiving… and will probably be serving Red Velvet on Christmas in preparation for Valentine’s Day. I guess that one kind of works!
The other thing is I’m afraid of cheesecake. So terrified. I look at pictures and marvel over the beauty of other bloggers cheesecakes. I wonder how they manage to perfect the cheesecake. Then I dream about the smooth, creamy bites of cheesecake. Then I drool a little….
The thing is…my cheesecakes always cracks. One smart blogger once told me that’s why I she makes sure there is a topping on her cheesecake. It hides all the imperfections. I might say she is one brilliant lady because her cheesecakes are the ones I’m usually drooling over!
I haven’t exactly got over my fear as of right now, someday I’ll attempt a big gorgeous cheesecake when I have ample amount of time aka check back in about twenty years and maybe my life has slown down a little! In the meantime I’ll go about my business make these light, fluffy, yummy cheesecakes like this Mint Oreo Cheesecake that don’t require baking and require minimal amount of time but yet I got rave reviews!
- 2 1/2 c. Oreos, crushed, divided
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- 3 Tbsp creme de menthe syrup
- 2 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 (8 oz) carton Cool Whip, divided
- 1/8 c. chocolate syrup
- In a small bowl combine crushed 2 c. Oreos and butter. Stir until combined. Press on the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan. Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan soften gelatin in water and creme de menthe syrup. Stir over medium heat until dissolved.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese and vanilla. Mix using hand mixer until well blended and smooth. Gradually add gelatin mixture, mixing until well blended. Beat in marshmallow creme. Fold in 2 c. of Cool Whip. Spread over crust. Chill until firm.
- Before serving top with remaining Cool Whip, sprinkle remaining Oreos over Cool Whip and drizzle with chocolate syrup.