My Million Dollar Spaghetti is one of the most popular pasta dishes I make at home and one of the most popular recipes on this site! Why do you ask? In short, it’s one of the most delicious pasta recipes! This dish is both spaghetti and lasagna. With three kinds of cheese, Italian sausages and half a cup of butter. And that’s the real reason it’s called Million Dollar Spaghetti.
- 2 lb jar of marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 16 oz spaghetti noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9X13 mould or two 8X8 moulds.
- Boil the noodles according to the package, drain and mix with a drizzle of olive oil so that they do not stick together.
- In a stand mixer, mix cream cheese, cottage cheese and sour cream. Mix well and set aside.
- Sauté ground meat and onion until they are no longer pink. Drain. Add to marinara sauce jar and stir.
- Start by layering half of the noodles on the bottom of your greased pan.
- Garnish with 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Layer over the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining noodles.
- Spread marinara sauce with ground beef on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then sprinkle with 2 cups of cheese and return to oven for another 15 minutes.
- Bake 15 minutes before slicing and serving.