This meat was surprisingly flavorful and moist. I had some extra steak and really wanted to try it in the crockpot for a new and unique recipe. This dish is not hot or spicy and the flavors complement one another in a perfect way. You can pair this dish up with some rice or pasta, bread and a salad.
- 1 pound boneless beef round steak
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of stewed tomatoes , un-drained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 of each chopped: green, yellow and Orange pepper
- Trim the fat from meat if any. Cut into four pieces, sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet brown meat on both sides in hot oil. Transfer to crock pot. In a bowl mix tomatoes, paste, seasoning and Worcestershire sauce, pour over meat in crock pot. Top with peppers. Cover and cook on low for on low for 6 hours.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Why does the picture show carrots and onion, but the recipe doesn’t list them.
Where are you seeing carrots?
Onions, yes I see them. But I think those are red peppers, not carrots.
that is not carrots, it is orange bell pepper.
I believe you can add anything else you want.
That’s not carrots, they are the orange peppers.
Haven’t tried this but the title is deceiving.
This is steak and peppers yes, but the title Pepper Steak implies an asian dish.
Dee, I’m sure this recipe was not intentional to be ‘decieving’.. I’m also sure there is an Asian dish called Pepper Steak.
Steak & peppers, even tho there are 2 diffrent dishes, they have some of the the same ingredients.
No harm done..
There are peppers and there are steak. How is the title saying it’s an Asian dish?
Looks yum! I will try this and add cheese and put it in a roll for a sub. I think it will be a hit!
There are no carrots or onions. I see peppers.
There are definitely onions in there and not in the recipe, also why do you say cut steak into 4 pieces,
Do you cut into smaller pieces after it’s done, because the recipe looks like chunks of meat?
It looks really tasty but in the pic I’m seeing onion slices, which don’t seem to be in the recipe ingredients. Please advise.
So do we slice it up small like I see in pic before we put in crock pot? Also I think sliced onions and mushrooms would be delicious in this. Anyway back to my question. The recipe says to cut into 4 pieces after browning then cut into 4 pieces and put in crockpot when do you slice it up like it is seen in pic?
Love all the resapies
This looks awesome!! I am a bit confused though; it said to cut the steak into four (4) pieces. It appears the steak is cut into many more pieces than that and I would think you would want a lot of small pieces for serving.