This recipe is the first in a series I am calling Recipes From A Hotel Kitchen. If you’re new here (big ole Welcome!) I’m currently spending about 50 days in an extended stay hotel with my family while our dream home is being built. (You can read the full moving and hotel living story here.) I wanted to try to make our stay here as homey as possible so that means home cooked meals. These recipes will be so easy that you can make them in a hotel kitchenette.
This first one is fall of a log easy and so easy I’m not even sure it’s a recipe as much as putting a few ingredients in a slow cooker. Whatever you want to call it these meatball subs in the slow cooker were delicious.
Meatball Subs in the Slow Cooker
- 1 bag of frozen meatballs (I used Johnsonville Italian because it had the extra Italian seasoning.)
- 2 jars of your favorite spaghetti sauce. (I used Guy Fieri's pepperoni marinara.)
- 1 dash Italian seasoning
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Shredded mozzarella and sub rolls for serving
- Pour meatballs into the slow cooker.
- Add the two jars of sauce on top.
- Add Italian seasoning and red pepper.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add 2-4 meatballs to roll and top with sauce.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella and melt in the microwave or broiler and serve.
One thing this hotel stay has taught me is that home is wherever those you love are and also how important it is to teach the kids to make the best of a situation and what we have. Gone are there own rooms and their play rooms. I won’t say there haven’t been a few “I want to go homes” but overall they’ve been little troopers and I’m proud of how well they are adjusting.