My mom always made the best lasagna growing up, and it was and still is my favorite comfort food for me. This is the same recipe my mom always used, so it’s most defiantly tried and true. My pasta sauce of choice is Prego chunky garden in tomato, onion, and garlic. I just find Prego to be a nice overall quality compared to other sauces. I love serving garlic bread, salad with homemade dressing alongside this meal.
- 12 ounces lean ground beef or lamb
- 1 white onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb 24 ounces pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- No-bake lasagna noodles approximately 6
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 15 ounces container ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese + more for topping
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- For the sauce, in a sauté pan on medium heat, add meat, onion, and garlic until the meat is brown. Pour 1/2 cup of sauce into a small bowl and pour the remainder into the meat. Bring to a full boil; reduce heat to low and cover cooking for 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. In a large mixing bowl, add egg, ricotta, parsley, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Spread 1/2 cup of pasta sauce over the bottom of a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Layer half of the noodles in the dish, breaking any as needed to fit. Spread with the ricotta cheese mixture, mozzarella cheese, and meat mixture. Continue until you end with the meat mixture. Sprinkle top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Place baking dish on a baking sheet. Bake for 35-45 minutes until thoroughly heated. Allow standing at least 10 minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
The recipe said to add 1 1/2 lbs. of Italian sausage as well but there’s no mention of it in the actual recipe. It also says 1 lb jar of sauce (32 ounces) and one pound is 16 oz. not 32 ounces. This is really confusing!
The recipe is all there exactly how she did it, it’s delishes…..