When it comes to taking advantage of food, the most creative ideas come out.
It’s rare that in my house some sweets get hard, there’s no time! However, I don’t know-how. There were some donuts in the fridge that was already a little “stiff.”
Normally, I would have given them a few seconds in the micro, and that was it, just like freshly made. But it occurred to me to do something different with them, and I took advantage of this recipe from pasen y disgusted to make a great donut custard.
Warning: not suitable for operation bikini, but if you are lovers of these delicious donuts, you can give yourself a treat.
Donut custard Recipe
- 2 donuts and a half +1/2 donut to garnish
- 2 eggs
- 450 ml milk
- 100 gr sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Put the two and a half donuts in the glass of the thermomix and grind 5 seconds at speed 8.
- Add the milk, eggs, sugar, and cornstarch—blend 30 seconds at speed 4.
- Then we program 10 minutes, 90º and speed 4.
- When finished, pour into the glasses or containers and let cool. Garnish with pieces of the half donut that we had reserved.
- If you do not have a thermomix, we will do it like this. Chop the donuts with a knife or with the mixer. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix very well. Heat in a saucepan over low heat, constantly stirring until we notice that it has thickened a little. Pour into the containers and cool.
- Put the doughnuts in the glass and grind them.
- Add the milk.
- The eggs, sugar, and cornstarch. Beat well and then cook.
- Let them cool and garnish.