Do you like steak quesadillas? I love the ease of making quesadillas at home. A little meat and cheese on a tortilla, maybe a little salsa for good measure, heat up, dinner’s ready! Or cut each folded quesadilla into thirds and serve as an appetizer.
Cheese Steak Quesadillas
- 4 large or 8 small tortillas
- 1 cup cooked steak sliced thinly or cut in bite size pieces
- ½ medium yellow or sweet onion
- ½ bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack and Colby cheese mix
- salsa and sour cream for serving
- Heat skillet to medium-high. Pour in oil. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook while stirring until vegetables are soft and caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Lay a tortilla on a cutting board or clean the surface. On one half of the tortilla, place about ¼ cup of steak (for the large size tortillas, useless on small ones), spoon on a portion of caramelized vegetables, add ¼ cup of cheddar, and ¼ cup Colby jack cheese.
- Fold tortilla over. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
- Heat a clean non-stick skillet to medium. And carefully place one or two stuffed tortillas in the pan. Cook until heated through and cheese is melted.
- * If you do not have a non-stick skillet, spray a little non-stick cooking spray on the pan.
- Repeat the above steps with the rest of the tortillas. Serve warm with salsa and sour cream on the side.
I made these steak quesadillas with leftover steak from my steak fajita salad here. I also saved the leftover cooked onions and green peppers and used them for this recipe. You can use any leftover steak you have, but if you don’t happen to have any and need a recipe to cook steak quickly, you can use the recipe from the steak fajita in the frying pan salad link above.
You can also make these quesadillas with chicken, leftover chicken, or even rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Just shred the cooked chicken and replace the steak in the recipe. I have another easy Chicken Quesadilla recipe here that’s slightly different from this one if you prefer. With quesadillas, it’s easy to make them your own, use any cooked meat, add cheese, and any veggies or salsa you like.
These were simple to put together and so tasty. Meaty steak flavor and lots of cheese stuffed into a tortilla and warmed in the skillet to a nice crunch. Yum!
I hope you like this easy dish. Please feel free to leave a comment below. Thanks so much for your timeYou can also follow me on Pinterest or join my group on Facebook