My men will eat this delicious breaded chicken marinated in buttermilk and breaded with spiced flour; the truth is that it smells Ummm, in any case, better than mine haha but, is that there are so many kilos left over, so I will not wait until May to go on a diet. Still, I’m going to start now, on February 1, intensive gymnastics and diet, to see if I lose sight of the weight I have.
Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- – 3 skinless chicken breasts
- – 150 ml of buttermilk; I have used something else to cover the meat well buttermilk.
For the breading
- – 100 grams of all-purpose flour
- – 1 generous teaspoonful of baking powder
- – 1 generous teaspoon of salt flakes
- – 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
- – 1/2 teaspoon de la Vera paprika
- – 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- – 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- – 1/4 teaspoon oregano powder
- – Pinch of allspice
- – Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- – Sunflower oil for frying
- – Sauce for garnish
- – Cut potatoes or coleslaw for serving
- Cut each breast into thin strips, place in a deep bowl, and cover with buttermilk. Let stand for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, drain and dry very well with kitchen paper. Separately, mix the flour with the salt, the chemical yeast, and the rest of the spices. Dredge the breast pieces in the flour and spices mixture, leave on kitchen paper for 10 minutes to dry the crust well.
- Heat sunflower oil in a frying pan, put over medium heat, fry the pieces of chicken in batter in three batches so that the oil temperature does not drop and they are cooked evenly. Remove when crispy and golden brown to a plate with absorbent kitchen paper.