- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic
- 2 chopped serrano peppers
- 600 grams of ground beef
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI® Juice
- 2 Tablespoons CROSSE & BLACKWELL® Salsa Inglesa® (English-style sauce)
- 16 warm flour tortillas
- 1 Package of shredded Manchego type cheese
- 16 Wooden toothpicks
- Corn oil for frying
Heat the butter and fry the onion until transparent, add the garlic with the serrano chile, beef, MAGGI® Juice and CROSSE & BLACKWELL® Salsa Inglesa; cook for 5 minutes or until the meat is lightly browned. Set aside.
To form the chimichangas, place in each tortilla a little of the previous mixture with the manchego cheese, fold the ends inwards, roll up and fasten with a toothpick to prevent the filling from coming out. Heat the oil and fry the chimichangas until lightly browned.
Place on paper towels to remove excess fat and offer.
To make sure the oil is hot, insert a wooden stick, if it bubbles the oil is ready to fry.